“HUGE portions”

Gordy's On The Wharf
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed June 1, 2013

HUGE portions here! Always fresh local seafood, service is great too. Owned and operated by locals, always nice to see!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a meal recently at this 'diner' but I was thoroughly disappointed with the service and also with the quality of the food. The server/cook was a young guy named Orin and his unprofessional attitude was highlighted by his rudeness. We would never go back after the lack o

5  Thank Bill S
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The food was very good. The servings were generous. The staff are obviously under experienced. We sat, ordered, ate and left within less than hour. We will be going back. Not a destination but a great fuel stop.

1  Thank c t
Reviewed April 12, 2013

If your looking for a good feed look no further. This place is not for the healthy food seeker though since most of the food on the menu is fried. The price is reasonable and the quality is high! I loved Gordy's food when he had the chip truck by Green Cap auto and still do in the new location. Come the summer i'm sure bussiness will be booming!!

1  Thank lobstermania
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Gordy's offers a new option to the people of Eastern Passage with their full scale fish and chip restaraunt. My brother, daughter, husband and I stopped in for a farewell meal before my borther headed back to BC. He and I split an order of mozzarella sticks. They were fried just fine, our only quam was the small protion size (6 sticks) for $8.00. Having just bought groceries the day before I remembered passing similar looking mozza sticks priced the same amount, but in that box I would have had 12 sticks. My brother, husband and I all ordered the haddock tips and fries. The haddock tips were twice the size of other local places, although they were fried nicely. The french fries weren't something I would come specifically to buy, they were average. My daughter had their kids meal of a hotdog and french fries. She enjoyed the hotdog (what kid doesn't) but ate only half of her fries.
The atmosphere is nice, they have a big screen tv that was great for entertaining my 6 year old. The only issue I would raise was that it was absolutely freezing in the place. The entrance is a screen door and had a considerable draft. We all ate our meal in our coats. I had my feet pressed against the small heater that ran along the side of the wall.
I would go back if I wanted a change from other fish and chip places. It was nothing special and at the price it certainly didn't feel like we got good value for our dollar.

1  Thank sunshinejaye