“Avoid the Appetizers”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were in town on business and a gentleman at our hotel recommended this restaurant. He'd had the mixed grill the night before and thought it was great. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and suggest sticking with the meat or some of the standard Indian entrees. The menu covered it all. Neither my self or my traveling companion were very hungry so we each ordered a salad and an appetizer with an extra appetizer to share (and a beer each). Our server told us if the owner was there he'd make us order an entree - not sure why as the price of our meals equaled (or exceeded) the price of an entree. On a somewhat positive note, the poor quality of the food was made up for by large servings. We couldn't have eaten it all if it had been delicious. The best thing about the meal was the chicken in the cucumber salad with chicken. The salad itself was uninspired and the dressing dull. I had the paneer pakhora and they were cooked to death - barely edible. The samosa's were large, over-cooked and had no flavor. At the end of the meal, they brought rice pudding and then an orange brandy. We tasted a bit of each, but neither are anything either of us liked. Not sure if that's standard at the end of a meal or if they realized the only thing we came close to finishing was our beers.

There are newer reviews for India's Castle

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Nice clean place, pleasant staff, limited buffet....I've lived in India, so this resturant still caters to American/Indian pallets. It's ok....but you need to go beyond what everyone else in Indian resturants are offering. This is just getting boring already! Americanized Indian food.....

Reviewed November 14, 2012

India's Castle was my favorite Indian restaurant in the Denver area until last night. A friend and I met for dinner after work to catch up. After we finished eating, we paid the bill and lingered for a few minutes to keep chatting. Shortly thereafter (maybe 10 minutes), a man came up to our table (I couldn't tell if he was the owner/manager or what), and said to us "Excuse me, we need this table. Please." in other words "Get out." My friend and I looked at each other like "Did that really just happen?" and made our exit, noticing at least 4 empty tables on our way out. I have NEVER been treated like that at a restaurant. Needless to say, I will not be returning to India's Castle, nor will I be recommending it to anyone. THUMBS DOWN.

3  Thank Joe M
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

This was our first authentic Indian meal and I have to say it was AWESOME!

The entire experience was wonderful. Highly recommend you give it a try.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

In town on business and had a craving for Indian food, which I'm very fond of.
Called in an order of Chicken Tikka Masala to go. Service was very friendly and efficient, food was delicious. Slightly higher price than shown on website menu ($17 for just the CTM). Pleasant but not up-scale atmosphere.
I'll be going back tomorrow !