“Great Food!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great Food!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have never had a bad meal here. It can be a bit pricey, but the food is awesome.

Always walk away full and happy.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited October 2011

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Their Negligence Almost Killed Me”
Reviewed November 10, 2010

On November 7, 2010, my fiancée and I ordered take out from India's Castle. We both have severe nut allergies so we ordered two dishes we had had before and knew would be nut free. Upon getting home with our meal, we noticed that the Chicken Vindaloo that we ordered looked different than usual. My fiancée called the restaurant, and they assured us there that were no nuts in that dish. I ate the Chicken Vindaloo, but my fiancée did not. About 45 minutes later, I went into anaphylactic shock and nearly died on the bathroom floor. I was rushed to the emergency room twice that night due to complications from this allergic reaction. Upon returning to India's Castle to inform them of this mistake that had almost cost me my life, we were met with total denial of accountability on the part of the management. The manager/owner offered to make us new food. We told him that there was no way we were eating in this restaurant again. He next offered gift certificates that we could use or give to someone else. When we said we wanted the cost of our meal back, as well as the $200 out-of-pocket cost for the ER visits, he said that was not possible. The manager did end up giving us the $40 for the meal we bought on Sunday, but refused to go any further than that stating that this was the first time this has happened in 20 years. We told him it honestly didn't matter if this was the first time it had happened because it was almost my last meal ever. He continued to deny accountability. This is concerning on many levels, but mostly because this may have been the first mistake that this restaurant knows they made, but if they continue to deny responsibility, there is a greater chance it could happen again and with a far more dire outcome. If you have food allergies, or just want to eat in a place that is owned by someone who cares about the safety and quality of the food they serve, do not eat at India's Castle!

1 Thank CH417
Denver, Colorado
“Pretty average Indian food”
Reviewed September 24, 2010

As far as Indian food goes, this place is pretty average to sub par. I spent a couple of years in San Antonio (there are lots of Indian food places there, I promise) going to different places with my Indian boss who loved trying new places. In that time, I learned a lot about India, it's regions, it's culture and most importantly it's food.

Out of all the places I have tried, this place rates in the bottom half. Definitely not the bottom, but not the top for sure.

If you want food, there are other places next door that are worth a try. If you want good Indian food, keep on looking.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good food and good service”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Denver was the last leg of a multi-city business trip last week. I was in the mood of Indian food and looked up reviews of restaurants near where I was staying in Englewood. India's Castle showed up with somewhat bi-polar reviews either very positive or very negative. I went there and would weigh in on the positive side. On the negative side, the menu is non-descript - what you will find in 98% of Indian restaurants (do they all use the same printer or something?).

I was having a hard time deciding what I wanted so ended up having the Vaishnav Thali, the vegetarian combo meal. It was very reasonably priced. The manager (owner?) who took my order asked me how I wanted it spiced and what I got was exactly what I asked for. The food was good (not superlative, but better than average). The service was excellent, attentive without being fawning.

There were a couple of large groups in there, obviously having a good time. Also a few families. Many seemed to be regulars. I did not see any other Indians (besides me).

All in all, a place I would go to again the next time I find myself in Denver and in the mood for Indian.

denver