“Choice Privileges Members BEWARE!!! (and everyone else)”

Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Greenwood Village
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel out of necessity for one night. I made the reservation through www.choicehotels.com, using my account. It was not for business or leisure but convenience with too may things being juggled at once. I THOUGHT everything was ok with our stay until a few weeks down the line when I noticed that we did not receive any points for our stay. I sent an email to report a missing stay and was informed that because my boyfriend wanted to check in early while I was at work, they had changed the reservation to his name and I couldn't get any points since they couldn't verify that I was the second guest in the room. I had several emails from Choice of them insinuating that I did not stay there and I couldn't get any points for making a reservation for someone else. Talk about bad customer service! I did stay there and they kept basically accusing me of lying. Then I left a message for the manager and he never bothered to call me back. Guess customer service isn't high on his priority list either. I finally called again and reached someone at the front desk who informed me that I wouldn't have gotten any points for my stay even if the name of the reservation hadn't been changed because my rate plan (AAA) didn't qualify. I was advised that in the future, I should contact the hotel directly after making a reservation to ensure my rate plan would qualify for points. I have NEVER had this problem before at any other Choice property I have stayed at.

So, all in all, this is kind of a dumpy hotel. The breakfast was fine. It is just a cheap place to stay - kind of a Walmart of hotels. With all of the hotel choices in the area, I would suggest trying out another one before thinking about staying here. Oh, and if you think you will get any kids of points for your stay, think again.

To get a better idea of who is running this place, there is a nice sign out front that says, "No Smoking, No EXEMPTIONS." Really? I think you mean EXCEPTIONS. Maybe you need to go back and take some customer service classes and some vocabulary classes as well.

BEWARE PEOPLE!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Alex G
Lori J, Public Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Alex, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. We are more than happy to extend Choice Privileges Points to our valued members. However, if you've paid through a 3rd party site and not the hotel direct we cannot issue the points. Please feel free to contact the hotel direct in the future to make your reservations and we will ensure you receive the level of service you deserve as well as your points. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were hit by a horrible smell immediately upon entering the room. My wife found the toilet to be dirty in a bad way, most likely the source of the smell. It didn't help that the room was also very hot, with no amount of A/C in the 40 minutes we stayed there making it any cooler. The bathroom was generally gross.

We had enough, and went to the front desk to complain. They were generally courteous and nice. They called the manager, who immediately said "Give them a full refund and cancel the reservation." Just like that. Hearing that makes me believe that this isn't an uncommon occurrence. Normally, one would expect something to the effect of "How can we make this better?" or "We apologize, we'll make this right by doing xyz." Not at the Sleep Inn.

We had to scramble to find a different hotel (thankfully we found a MUCH better one).

I guess the general feeling I get, besides the fact that this hotel was disgusting and memorably bad, was that it doesn't make sense. It's a nice area of Denver, surrounded by nice hotels. It wasn't expensive, but it wasn't bargain basement either. I'm mystified. Lucky for me, it isn't my mystery to solve. A week in a better hotel was all my family and I needed, in addition to a new rule to avoid the Sleep Inn at all costs.

Room Tip: If the room smells, vacate immediately.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ken W

Dear valued traveler, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered while staying at our hotel and hope you will reconsider staying with us again in the future. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here a week over the 4th of July Holiday. We really enjoyed the friendly staff and the great maid service. Location is convenient to highways and eating places. The rooms were good. Beds comfortable. Shower small but water pressure was great. Traffic in this area gets really heavy during lunch and rush hours so expect delays. Highway traffic seems to be always slow but many alternate routes to take to avoid the highways.
Plenty of parking and the area seemed safe during our visit. WIFI is a hit and miss but was able to connect to Target wifi without issue. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: Learn the alternate routes to avoid using I25 or I225.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ItMattersToMe
Lori J, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Hello and thank you so much for your kind words! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your business. We hope you visit us again the next time you are visiting the Denver area and wish you safe travels this summer.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Attending a wedding and didn't have time to inspect the room beforehand. The shower knob was off and laying on top of toilet, security latch broken, sheets thin with holes, thin towels, broken knob on refrigerator, lots of cigarette butts outside back door entrance which was closest to our room plus some questionable people hanging around the back door entrance when we arrived. As we were leaving some guy was taking 3 large dogs out of his room to his car. Wonder if hotel knew and approved of them and although breakfast was good, the restroom lights in the eating area were not working. The staff when we checked in was very efficient but when we checked out staff did not seem surprised nor cared about how poorly maintained the room was. Perhaps there are rooms that are being upgraded but our room on the first floor definitely needed help. I was totally surprised by how poorly this place was kept especially when I paid much less for a room at another hotel on the way home and it was much nicer so "you get what you pay for" doesn't apply here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank irishlass2007
Lori J, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear valued guest, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We want to apologize for the inconvenience and do appreciate your feedback. We have already taken the necessary steps to correct the deficiencies in the room and outside the hotel and want to thank you for bringing it to our attention. Thank you again I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Asked for ground floor upon booking and when I checked in apparently I was too late they gave them all away. Then they put me on the third floor where I couldn't get wifi because of interference. Then the guest laundry was down and to top it off so where the elevators. I was here for a week doing 80 hours a week at work had a 12 hour course to take online they said I could use the computer in the lobby but it doesn't have Adobe and they asked me to limit my time to 10 minutes. And no plugin for my laptop by the couches.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank krdmugg
Lori J, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Hi Douglas, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We sincerely apologize we were not able to honor your request to be on the first floor during your stay. We strive to ensure each guest is satisfied and we do our best to honor all requests. However, during peak demand periods it is difficult to honor those requests when the hotel is 100% occupied. Again we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and hope you consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times before. I gave it 4 stars last time. Things have slid downhill. There were numerous deficiencies in the room I was assigned to.

There was some kind of black crud spots on the top of the toilet seat cover. The toilet itself would run on and on, the valve needed to be replaced.

There was a 12'' or longer crack in the sink countertop.

There were several holes drilled in the wall, possibly from lamp fixtures or something else that have been moved, but the wall not repaired.

The grill/filter cover on the air conditioner was loose and would not stay in place. The A/C itself worked fine, but it was so loud there was no way to sleep with it turned on.

There was a gaping blank area in the wall paint job, again possibly where another fixture was moved.

The security deadbolt on the door did not lock properly.

The ice machine is located inside the breakfast area, but at night the room is closed and the lights turned off. It was dangerous trying to get a bucket of ice in the dark.

And my favorite pet peeve: if a hotel goes to the expense of putting alarm clocks in the room, why can't your housekeepers take the time to make sure the clock is plugged in and is showing the correct time? WHY? WHY? WHY?

There was probably more, but I got tired of taking notes.

On the plus side, there are nice new big screen HD TVs and unlike last time the internet connection was very fast.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rusty L
Lori J, Public Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Hi Rusty, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered while staying at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and will be using it to improve to ensure each guest has an enjoyable stay. We hope you will consider staying with us again and wish you safe travels.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at a Sleep Inn before and this one was just as good. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, ample parking and conveniently located near the highway.

The staff was very friendly and answered any and all questions right away. The neighborhood was nice and convenient with great restaurant choices nearby.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank JulieM2118

Hi Julie, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel
Best Western Plus Denver Tech Ce...
#3 of 15 in Greenwood Village
Denver Marriott Tech Center
Comfort Suites Highlands Ranch Denver Tech Center Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Te...
#7 of 15 in Greenwood Village
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hote...
#5 of 15 in Greenwood Village

Been to Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!