“Great!”

Chianti Ristorante & Winebar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chianti Ristorante & Winebar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Belleview
“Great!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

What can I say? Everything is really good. The ambiance is nice, a little tight between tables, but otherwise it's top notch food. You won't get better Italian food in the Denver area.

Visited April 2014

Englewood
“Bad night, or business as usual?”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We hadn't been to Chianti for years. I wanted to try it after a lovely lunch at their sister restaurant, Venice.

We had a 7:00 reservation on a Friday night. Chianti's is a very small restaurant and can feel very cramped. The place was hardly full when we got there but after 10 minutes it completely filled up. We thought this was a problem with scheduling and caused the restaurant to be off for the rest of the evening as the waiters were just slammed. Our waiter was very distracted with multiple tables. When we ordered our wine we told him that we wanted to place our food order, he nodded as if he heard us but then ignored us for another 15 minutes. We asked the hostess to to send the manager. An older gentleman came right away and took our order. The waiter didn't talk with us the rest of the evening. The food was good and in some cases,like the carbonara, very good. I ordered the bread salad and at least one of the tomatoes was frosty like it had been frozen. The older gentleman waiter returned and asked if we liked our salads. Since he asked, I told him about the tomato. He was very offended, said they never froze the tomato's and that it just wasn't possible that this had happened. WOW, wrong reaction. The hostess later appeared, asked if things were better and said they would take care of us. We assumed that we would get a dessert or something but that didn't happen.

Gosh we all wanted the dining experience to be stellar as we live in the neighborhood and we are always looking for good Italian. If you do go, be specific about where you want to sit. We were seated right near the waiter's station/kitchen. So every waiter had to pass us to get to their tables. It was very busy and not relaxing. And for bread pudding fans, it is possibly the best I have ever had. I might also recommend that you not go to Chianti's on a Friday or Saturday night. Hopefully this was just an off night for Chianti's, and given all of the great reviews, I guess this to be the case. We will not return however.

• Visited April 2014
Colorado
“Great food”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Had a great experience here. Can't remember the names of our dishes but my wife got the sea bass dish and it was amazing! My pasta dish was a solid B+. The layout is a little tight and the decor on the cheesy side but overall, recommended.

Visited February 2014
“Verged on excellence”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We dined with another couple on a Saturday evening. I had recalled a satisfying, albeit expensive, lunch there previously and was excited to enjoy dinner with friends. Chianti is an intimate setting with a genuine Italian cuisine atmosphere. Our waiter was a bit abrupt, giving the impression that he had interest in turning the table quickly. His abruptness could be initially excused as contributing to the authenticity. The (iPad) wine list and menu are extensive. Our salads were well presented, abundant, and tasty.

It was the transition from salad to entree that began our disappointment. Our intention of an extended meal of wine, food, and dialogue was rushed when the entrees were brought to our table before everyone had finished their salads. With some hesitation, the waiter responded to our request by returning the entrees to the kitchen until all salad plates had been removed. Unfortunately, when finally served at least one of the entrees was cold and the others lukewarm. It was our mistake for not returning the meals to the kitchen, though that would have been additionally disruptive to our quiet and casual evening. The food was also abundant, authentic, and very well prepared. It just wasn't served hot.

We decided against dessert, though chose to have coffee. The decaf coffee was served hot, though . . . as admitted by the wait staff . . . the caffeinated coffee was from the bottom of the pot and was served warm. When asked for hot coffee, the wait staff graciously offered to brew a new pot, though poured the hot coffee into the cup with cold coffee.

My wife called the restaurant's manager a couple of days later to discuss our dinner experience and was met with a defensive posture, denial, and in the end, criticism that we didn't announce that we were "slow eaters". He did finally offer complimentary dessert, though his attitude convinced us to mark this establishment off our list. The manager recalled waiting on us . . . apparently our waiter was also the manager! I suppose leading by example is not within his management style.

I hope that others have a better experience with the service given that the food, if served hot, and atmosphere are both exceptional.

• Visited January 2014
“Authentic Italian Cuisine”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Food was great, very fresh pasta and sauces. My Insalate Firenze only had one tiny sliver of artichoke, though, so that was a disappointment, and the tomatoes were pale, rock-hard, and tasteless. However, the greens were fresh and the basalmic nice. I had a chicken and cheese tortellini with spinach and pancetta. The pancetta was sliced in thick little ribbons, which was nice. I asked the served to substitute a light marinara for the gorgonzola cream sauce, and he literally asked me twice if that is what I wanted to do, then raised his eye brow and shook his head. Ok, dude, I am unable to eat gorgonzola, don't be so prissy!! That sort of set me wrong for the rest of the experience. We had a bottle of nice house Chianti, which was priced quite reasonably. My dinner mates had prawns, chicken with artichokes, fettucini, ceasar salad, and all were very tasty, came out hot and fresh.
As mentioned in previous posts, it is a very crammed in feeling amongst the tables---quite a small space. But, service was attentive and timely, and the food is quite tasty and authentic. I would visit again.

• Visited December 2013