“Great food but needs kitchen ventilation upgrade”

Chianti Ristorante & Winebar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chianti Ristorante & Winebar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Belleview
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Food is always good but you leave smelling like smoke from the kitchen. My eyes were burning and it is visible in the entire restaurant. Seating is very close but the food is always a treat. I just wish they would get a different ventilation system.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I'm from Boston and have struggled to find a good Italian restaurant that reminds me of home! We had an amazing meal, everything from the bread to dessert was wonderful! I had the butternut squash ravioli and they were amazing, my husband always orders something from the specials and has never been disappointed! The staff is warm and welcoming! We finally have found somewhere that isn't a chain and the food is wonderful!! ( the profiteroles are amazing and my husband loved his cheesecake!). I highly recommend Chianti!!!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Excellent sea bass. Go for the specials. Never been disappointed. Take out holds up. Tuscan bean side dish very good. Not your typical Italian fare.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I found Chianti Ristorante researching TripAdvisor and took my wife there for lunch. While it's in an ordinary strip center that might not catch the attention of passers-by, everything changes inside. There is good space between the fully white-tablecloth covered tables and attractive murals of Italian farmland on the walls. A pretty little restaurant indeed. The service was excellent, as was the wine. We ordered the antipasto "Chianti" to share and I am amazed they could make such a large, delicious dish (calamari, mozzarella caprese, fried mozzarella, olives, grilled artichokes, gorgonzola and bruschetta) for such a low price. Since we weren't very hungry, both my wife and I ordered spaghetti carbonara--a dish I've had scores of times, especially during the seven years we spent in Italy. Never, ever, have I had a spaghetti dinner that approached the quality and taste of this one. I could not stop raving about it and am still wondering as I write this what magic does this chef possess that he could perform such a miracle with "ordinary" spaghetti. I would go back in a heartbeat just for this one dish. So don't miss it. Without the spaghetti I'd give this restaurant a top rating. With it--it's now my favorite restaurant in Denver!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

From the delicious crusty bread served with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, to the generous appetizers, scrumptious entrees and dolce desserts, this place is a small gem outside of the downtown Denver area. Easy access from I-25 or I-225 and free parking in a small strip mall. The servers are knowledgeable and attentive and the small dining area feels cozy and intimate. The appetizer portions can be quite large so be careful to leave room for the homemade pastas or fresh fish offerings. We went for an end of vacation lunch and my husband had a huge plate of mussels as his appetizer, followed by the veal piccata. I had a pear, walnut and Gorgonzola salad, wrapped in cucumber, followed by the duck filled ravioli. We shared the profiteroles for dessert. It was delish. No wonder Zagat rates them 26/30! We left happy, with enough food left over for tomorrow's lunch!