“Just Ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
utah
“Just Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2009

The room was very cute and comfortable, however the walls were very thin and we could hear everything going on in the rooms around us. Every time a door closed it echoed through our room. We barely slept the first night, even after we asked security to help us with the noise. We were also very disappointed that the pool was out of service, it was the selling point for us over other hotels in the area. The sheets also set off my husband's skin allergies, maybe the soap was too harsh? The cookie at check-in was awesome! So were the geese on the lawn in the morning (baby liked that part)

Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
DENVER, CO 80216
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2009

We were attending a wedding and the entire wedding party, family and friends stayed at this Doubletree. The hotel has just been completely renovated and it is awesome. The bride and groom stayed in the Presidental Suite the night they were married and it is just beautiful! Great price and would go there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

Since it's remodelling and converion to a Doubletree, this hotel has improved significantly. The rooms have very nice decor, good facilities and very compfortable beds. The public area's (lobby, lounge, bar, restaurant etc) are stylish and well furnished, with a funky look - as far as chain hotels go anyway!. Breakfast buffet is good and restaurant staff very attentive. Gym is good - indoor and outdoor pools small, but it is generally a business hotel. Restaurants and bars in walking distance and shuttle driver willing to take and collect from further afield. All in all, probably the best Doubeltree in the US in my experience (I travel extensively)!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Denver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

I reserved a non-smoking room in this hotel over the telephone. Because of a delayed flight, I arrived late. The person at the front desk checked me in and gave me a key to a room that turned out to be smoking. I discovered that only after I got to the room. When I went back to the front desk and asked for a non-smoking room, I was told that they were oversold and had no non-smoking rooms available for the night. The person at the frond desk said there was absolutely nothing they could do for me. Since this was all happening around midnight and I could not imagine going to find another hotel, I decided to take the room. I am in it right now and it really stinks. I thought Doubletree was a slightly upper end place but it really is no better than Super 8. I would certainly try to avoid this place in the future.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
rapid city sd
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

We stayed at this hotel because of it's proximity to the light rail. The only interaction we had with staff was on check in. The gentleman was very friendly and wasn't snotty when he mentioned that we had booked our room through expedia. We never even made it back to the lobby of the hotel since we entered/exited the hotel from a door near our room, and we didn't need to check out at the desk. I was mislead by a phone call to the hotel about a week before our stay that breafast was included, but we just had breakfast downtown each morning.

My only real complaint is that the hotel signage is horrible. We came in on the first night on the light rail, and luckily someone else on the light rail called for the hotel shuttle. We would not have been able to find the hotel in the dark, despite the fact that it is less than a 5 minute walk to the light rail stop. We would have walked a long time that night looking for the front of the hotel.

The room was decorated nicely and was large. I like when king rooms also include a sofabed so you have additional seating. In the morning we realized that our balcony had a terrific view of the mountains to the west. I wish the room had a fridge, especially since the water in the bathroom water never really got cold, but the water was plenty warm in the shower.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

We had 3 softball teams stay here for the Colorado Fireworks tournament and found they were not team friendly. Threatend us with police citations and arrest for bringing in pizza for the team in the lobby and swimming pool. Ask for a meeting room and were denied. Will not stay here again, we, as a team spent over $3000 per night, never again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2009

Usually would stay downtown, but wanted to be near family living in South suburbs of Denver, so we ended up running a Priceline search for Denver Tech Center. 3* and $40 got us the Doubletree Hotel.

Nothing fancy, but nice enough and clean, for $40 I'd call it a decent deal. Free parking and even better- only 5 minute walk from the light rail, which is an easy trip downtown, so that was a nice perk. Has a decent coffee shop in the lobby, but otherwise you'd either need a car to stay here or to take the rail somewhere with more going on.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Vil...
#1 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Cherry Creek
JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hote...
#5 of 14 in Greenwood Village

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech? Share your experiences!