“this hotel in the Denver Tech Center was great” 5 of 5 stars

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Greenwood Village
GreenLeadersGold level
Denver, Colorado, United States
“this hotel in the Denver Tech Center was great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

the torrential rainstorms were bearable because of my exceptionally fine experience at this lovely hotel--excellent dinner made all the difference-the banquet captain, Jeff, was so personable and helpful

• 5 of 5 stars
Rochelle C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Judy G,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that our staff was able to help you enjoy your time with us, despite the less than enjoyable weather we were having. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Scottsdale, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I am a regular vistor to the Double Tree in Greenwood Village. Every visit until now I have enjoyed. My last visit, my hotel room was run down (loose and snagged carpet, smeely) and the workout room had several out of service machines. I have a large group coming to the hotel next week and I am concerned about whether I booked the right hotel. Hopefully all work out machines will be fixed and we will be assigned to the newly renovated rooms on the 5th and 6th floors.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rochelle C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Sara W.,
Thank you for your recent response on Trip Advisor. I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your time with us during your most recent stay. Please know that I have shared your feedback with the appropriate managers so that we may look into the issues you mentioned. If there is any more information you could give us as to which fitness center machines specifically were down during your stay that would be greatly appreciated. The machines are inspected once a month and are tested on a daily basis. Any more information you could give us would help us in preventing this from occurring in the future. I sincerely apologize once again that you did not enjoy your time with us and hope that you will give us another opportunity to have you stay with us in the near future.
Thank you once again for your honest response and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Coulterville, CA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel is very comfortable and attractive. It's best feature is the pleasant and helpful staff. I found it to be conveniently located to shopping and other essencials. The hotel provides free shuttle service to where ever you want to go in the local area. Great for those of us who fly in.

Syliva M.,
Thank you for your kind words on Trip Advisor. I am truly pleased to hear that our staff was able to help you enjoy your time with us. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you once again!
Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Front desk and booking agents gave untruthful information, just to get our group to book. The train IS NOT right out the front door! The train is also 35 minutes to the Pepsi center instead of 15 minutes and is $11.50 for the train instead of the $2.50 we were told. We would have stayed closer if we would have been given the correct information by BOTH the front desk and the booking person!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

schnauzerlover2,
Thank you for your honest review on Trip Advisor. I would like to personally apologize for the fact that you received any mis-information from anyone about our property. Please know that we are taking this feedback to heart and will be researching precisely what occurred so that we may resolve this matter quickly. While the light rail is just a 5 minute walk from our back entrance to the hotel, I completely apologize that anyone made it sound like the light rail was right out the door of the hotel. We greatly appreciate your honest feedback and will keep all of this in mind moving forward. Thank you once again for your review.
Colorado USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here one night by myself for an examination the next day at The Triad (both Pearson and Prometric do testing there). Very easy walk there. The hotel room was on the top floor and was very quiet and clean. The restaurant starts breakfast buffet at 6am, which was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Rochelle C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
dahlheim,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that our central location in the Denver Tech Center came in handy for you during your trip. We greatly appreciate hearing about your experience with us and look forward to your next stay.
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed the Doubletree Hotel Denver Tech when I assisted with an event for work that we were hosting at the hotel. The hotel itself is very nice with modern decor and ample free parking; there is a coffee/ snack bar open during the day for patrons, and also a bar/ lounge area, too.

The room itself was very nice and spacious -- very clean and even comes with a balcony. The one downside is that there was no fridge OR microwave in my room (I was in a single with king bed), so I had to leave my leftovers on the balcony (it was very cold at the time) and tried to de-thaw my food in the using hot steam from the sink. Needless to say, the hotel is not leftover friendly. However, it is within driving distance of a ton of great places to eat (such as Greenwood Plaza).

That brings me to another point, I think the hotel is close to some light rail stations (we had a rental so Iʻm not sure), but I would still recommend having a car if planning to stay in this area -- it is right near the freeway, which is super convenient when driving. The hotel also charges for internet (annoying! unless youʻre a Hilton gold member) and does not have onsite laundry facilities (which was kind of a nuisance being that I was in the middle of my three week long trip and desperately needed clean undies), but they do offer to take it to dry cleaning for you (for a fee). I am not sure if they offer complimentary breakfast like some other Doubletrees -- I will have to check the next time I am there.

As for the event we hosted itself, it went great -- unfortunately since I did not coordinate it, I cannot remember the name of the banquet room or the manager -- but everything went very smoothly (from room setup to catering to A/V), and some of our guests were even able to purchase drinks at the hotel bar and bring it to the banquet room (since we did not provide alcohol).

Overall I would stay here again for business (probably not pleasure) -- and the only thing preventing this from being a 5 star stay would be: free internet, a microwave and fridge. I would probably give this hotel a 3.5/5 -- but for the sake of rounding, it gets a 4.

Room Tip: If staying during the cold months, request a room with an internal balcony (balcony inside the hotel...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Carissa G,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear about all the different aspects of the hotel that you enjoyed. And thank you for your honest review about the aspects of the hotel that did not work for you. I would like to sincerely apologize for any confusion that there may have been about the Internet service and the in-room amenities. As of March 2013 we no longer charge for the Internet in the guest rooms. Also, as of July 2013 all 305 rooms throughout the hotel automatically come with a refrigerator in the rooms. If there is any more information you could provide me with in regards to when you were with us and who you spoke with at the hotel, I would love to look into where the incorrect information came from. Once again thank you for your honest review on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate the information and look forward to your next stay with us.
Milwaukie, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My next visit will unfortunately be with a different hotel. My room had a bad odor to it, like it use to be a smoking room. When I got home, I had to wash all my clothes because the odor was so bad. I am a blonde but yet there was black hair under the sheets and on top of the mattress cover, this verifies that they do not wash the mattress cover between each guests visits. That is how bugs are spread!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rochelle C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Autumn R,
Thank you for your honest review on Trip Advisor. We look at any feedback we receive as an opportunity to improve the customer service we provide to our guests. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. Please know that I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping manager and that we will keep this feedback in mind moving forward. Thank you once again for your review and we sincerely hope that you will give us another chance in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Vil...
#1 of 15 in Greenwood Village
4.5 of 5 stars 670 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Ce...
#2 of 15 in Greenwood Village
4.0 of 5 stars 405 reviews
Stapleton
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech? Share your experiences!