“Weekend bargain”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Greenwood Village
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice room for a great price. You can save enough money staying in the Denver Tech Center to pay for a nice dinner downtown. Hotel layout was a little confusing - we had to search for the elevators after checking in. Comfortable bed, clean room.

• Stayed: August 2013
Rochelle C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Wyophil,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and apologize that the layout of the hotel caused some confusion. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you once again.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Definitely a 4 star experience for at 3 star price! 2 star price, pools, 1-indoor and 1-outdoor, atrium, very upscale restaraunt, breakfast buffet was fantastic! Great location right off interstate. Staff was very attentive, hotel was very clean & impressive.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Rochelle C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

James CT.
Thank you for Trip Advisor review. I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy your time with us. We always want guests to walk away from their stay with us feeling good about their experience here. I am pleased to hear that this was the case for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Nice hotel. Traffic was heavy as we arrived at rush hour, so we noticed a Subway in small center next door to which we could walk. Front desk was helpful. Nice sized room. Quiet room with no outside noise.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

pjlanier1946,
Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to your next stay with us.
Thank you!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

The Doubletree chain seldom disappoints, but this particular location is in need of some minor updates to stay ahead of lesser chains like La Quinta. While the rooms are comfortable and large-ish for the segment, the furniture and linens lack the modern feel of other chains. The hotel is built into a hillside and navigating the floor plan and parking can be inconvenient to your room location. My biggest complaint is one of preference: the hallway was too hot and the HVAC in the room was too either much or not enough. This is common for hotels, especially in August: running the AC costs money and the hotel industry is highly competitive and margins tight. The unusual building layout may be an issue, too -- I could park in back and be on the second floor. But, when you're paying a little extra to stay at a Doubletree, I'd forego the cookie gimmick to have a comfortable ambient room temperature.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Muttley1975,
Thank you for your honest review on Trip Advisor. We strive to make all of our guests feel at home throughout their stay and love to hear of ways we could improve to achieve this. Thank you for the information you provided in regards to our HVAC system and our room conditions. Please know that we will keep your feedback in mind moving forward. Thank you once again for your review. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was at this hotel as part of a golf tour holiday. Check in was seamless - love the warm cookie. The room was spacious with a big screen tv, a fridge and coffee maker. Bonus: the coffee was actually a good quality.

The best part of this hotel is the food and beverage service. The breakfast buffet is not the usual piece of fruit and a muffin. Full hot and cold buffet plus a waffle and omelette station. The omelettes were outstanding. The bar is the centre of the hotel. Great drink specials, sports on the televisions and warm friendly staff. I had room service (dinner) a couple of times and while the choices on the room service menu seemed limited, the staff was more than willing to prepare items that weren't on the menu. The fries are really outstanding.

Kudos to the staff for friendliness, especially the banquet and bar staff.

One minor issue: when I went to go into the shower one morning, the tub wasn't clean; looked like someone had poured dirty water into in and forget to scrub it afterwards. When I called the front desk, the clerk's reaction was "hmm that's interesting." I was under time pressure and it was early in the morning so I wasn't able to shower. I didn't think he could have rectified the situation at that hour of the morning but an apology would have been nice.

I would definitely return to this hotel if I had business or personal travel that took me back to that part of Denver.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

CanadianSoloGirl,
Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I greatly appreciate the feedback you gave us in regards to the issue with the bathtub as well, so that we may prevent this from occurring in the future. We all greatly appreciate you feedback and look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Our stay was peaceful, nice and comfortable with staff who were friendly and professional. I believe we could stay there ever year for our anniversary we had such a great time. The breakfast was phenomenon with best omelet and waffles ever.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Tanya D.,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am so happy to hear that we were able to assist you with enjoying your anniversary weekend. I completely agree with you about our breakfast. Our restaurant staff does an amazing job. Thank you again for you review and we hope to see you for your anniversary next year!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

First off let me start by saying that the hotel restaurant and bar staff staff are the best I've seen at any Hilton property, bar none. That's where the compliments end.The general manager (if the hotel even has one), must be a ghost. I spent a month at the hotel and never saw a trace of him or her, which is totally unheard of. As a Hilton Diamond member I usually receive some form of acknowledgement, weather it be a card left in the room, or at some point during my stay asking if everything's ok. Not here though, So here's notice to anyone that intends on staying here in the future and your promised an upgraded room. Don't count on it! I was told by Mary Ann at the Doubletree a few days into my stay that an upgraded room would be available on September 5 for the remainder of my stay through the end of September. A week and half later she calls and says that a mistake was made and now the room won't be available until the middle of September. In other words I'm stuck in a small room for a month, since someone decided to sell the upgraded/larger room that was promised to me. As a result of this, I cancelled the remainder of my current stay, and a month long future reservation at the hotel. When I asked to speak to the GM in regards to this issue, I was informed that the GM wouldn't be back until the following week, which isn't surprising since I NEVER saw the GM during the first month I stayed at the hotel. While I would recommend this hotel for a meal, I wouldn't recommend it by any means as a place that I would ever consider staying at in the future. A follow up call to the Hilton Honors Diamond Desk is next to inform them of this issue.

Room Tip: Stay at another Hilton property!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank John C

John C,
Thank you for your honest review on Trip Advisor. I would like to sincerely apologize for the confusion on the availability of the room type you were hoping to receive for the month of September. We always look at the feedback we receive as an opportunity to improve the customer service we provide to our guests. Please know that we will keep this incident in mind moving forward. I sincerely apologize that you did not have the pleasure of meeting our General Manager throughout your stay. And I am sincerely sorry that your trip added at a time when he was out of the office for a few days over the Labor Day holiday. Please know that I will be sharing your feedback with him so that he will be update with the issues you encountered during your stay once he returns. If you would ever like to reach him throughout a future stay, please feel free to reference the information guide in our guest rooms for his contact information. Our general manager is more than happy to speak with our guests and truly appreciates hearing any feedback you may have. Once again, I am truly sorry for the confusion on the room type you desired. Should you decide to give our hotel a second chance in the future, please feel free to contact me directly and I would be more than happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
Stapleton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Vil...
#1 of 14 in Greenwood Village

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech? Share your experiences!