“Not exactly a "Hilton" quality experience”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Greenwood Village
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The last few times I've stayed in a DoubleTree, I've been struck by how different they are from the other Hilton branded hotels, but I guess I keep hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Sadly, I wasn't. The clerk, while not rude, wasn't especially professional either. She didn't greet me for several minutes, as she was chatting with a friend (the other desk agent didn't even look up much less say hello). I wasn't greeted as a Hilton honors member, offered help with my bags or even given directions to the elevators (which were weirdly far from the front desk, this being more of a convention space with hotel attached than hotel with some conference/business spaces). The rooms were nicely decorated but the upholstery on both the sofa and the desk chair was stained and dirty. Aside from dirty sheets, I think this is one of the grossest oversights you can encounter in a hotel! Anyway, not a bad hotel but not a good one either, and certainly not one that should carry the Hilton brand.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Rochelle C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for making me aware of the issues you encountered when checking into the Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center. We look to any feedback we receive from our guests as an opportunity to improve the customer service that we provide. When it fails to meet your expectations, it’s important for us to hear your feedback so that we may continue to improve ourselves.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or lack of customer service care that you encountered during your check-in process and know that I do appreciate your feedback. I have spoken with front desk team about the feedback you provided so that we may re-examine this encounter and make sure that it does not occur again in the future. We are truly sorry that you were not happy when you walked away from your experience here. We always strive to make our guests feel at home while they are with us and are sorry to hear that you did not feel this way. Let me reassure you that our hotel team can truly provide amazing customer care for our guests and I am positive that you will enjoy your next stay with us when you return to the Denver area.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech

Reviewed August 26, 2013

HVAC didn't work in the room and the "solution" was a dirty box fan that blew debris all over the room. My biggest issue with this is that this problem was already "known" and yet they put us in this room anyway. Staff was overall less than helpful. I witnessed another customer trying to figure out where to go shopping and how to get there and the person at the front desk was very unhelpful--it was like pulling teeth for the customer to get the answers she needed. Poor customer service all around. The best part of this stay was breakfast-which was delicious and good value--and the staff in the restaurant--while very busy--was responsive and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear theworldismyoyster67,

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues in your room and we’re working with our maintenance team to ensure the situation doesn’t happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel was fine, and the towel folded into a swan on the bed was a nice little touch. The front desk was very helpful with information on where to find places and recommendations. The Zink Restaurant was outstanding and I highly recommend you visit it. I have a separate review here on TripAdvisor for the food and a link to my blog for an in-depth review.
My disappointment was when i made the reservation I asked for a higher floor, with mountain views, which is available on the Hilton website, with an additional charge. When I got to my room, I could barely see the Rockies, instead I was surrounded by office building views. If I would have known, I would have just paid for the less expense room. When I asked the front desk for better views, they told me that all views had the office park behind the hotel and mountains behind that. So don't advertise mountain views if you can not deliver them. Other wise, a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Mountain views are views of office buildings, don't spend the extra money for an upgrade.

Sean O.,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I sincerely apologize that the view from your room was not what you had been hoping for. Please know that I have shared your feedback with the appropriate managers so that we may re-examine our room descriptions to make sure that they state the proper information for the rooms that we offer. I am pleased to see that despite this issue, you were still able to enjoy your time with us. Thank you for your review. We look forward to your next time with us!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The staff at this hotel are top notch. The open/shared areas are very nice. This was my 2nd stay with excellent service but out dated and slightly run down rooms. First stay I experienced loud booming noises when the heater unit in the room shut down (woke me up throughout the night). My recent stay I opened the patio door on the ground level floor and thought it was going to fall apart as the framed door and glass were separating. After realigning the door and getting it closed it was safest not to use this. I'll continue to stay at this hotel for the great staff experience and look forward to room updates that I'm sure are planned for some time in the future.

Dear Linda M.,
Thank you for your review. I would like to sincerely apologize for the maintenance issues you have encountered during your past couple of visits. Please know that our engineering team is working with us to fix the issues you have encountered to prevent it from occurring in the future. I am pleased to see that despite these issues you were still able to enjoy your time with us. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Overall a nice hotel. The breakfast is pricy, the bar staff is friendly and happy hour drinks make up for the food costs. My room's A/C wasn't functioning properly and even with a complaint to the hotel staff, it was never resolved. Had it lowered to 65 and didn't notice a change from when I originally entered the room when it was set on 72.

Ronnie K.,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that was caused due to your AC unit not working properly in your room. Please know that I have shared your feedback with our engineering team so that we may fix this issue for the future. I am pleased to hear that our Zink Bar staff was able to assist you with enjoying your time with us. I greatly appreciate your review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a good place to stay with many open spaces to spend time with friends. The atrium room by the bar and pool allows numerous people to gather and share a sporting event such as the Solhiem Cup. It created a very friendly atmosphere to meet new people.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Karen C.,
Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased to see that you were able to enjoy your time with us. We are also pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our atrium lounge. We greatly appreciate your kind words and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Last week, while attending the Solheim Cup in Parker, CO, my wife and I stayed at the Doubletree at the Denver Tech Center on Orchard. Also staying were about 150 other patrons who were attending the Solheim. We were amazed that the hotel did not see the value in having the Golf Channel available for guests in their room!

The food and drinks were "hotel" grade - not great but satisfied hunger. The beds were soft which is a killer on my old back. The staff was helpful, but did not go the extra mile to make it a great visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear ECARTELGAE,
Thank you for your honest review on Trip Advisor. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that was caused due to the GOLF Channel not being available in your guest room during your stay. Please know that we are working towards changing this for our future guests. We sincerely apologize again for the inconvenience you encountered but do hope that you were able to enjoy some time with your fellow Solheim fans down in the atrium lounge area where the GOLF channel was available. Thank you once again for your honest feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Vil...
#1 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Stapleton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver
Hilton Denver Inverness
#3 of 23 in Englewood

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech? Share your experiences!