“Zink Restaurant was amazing”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Greenwood Village
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I went to this Double Tree for a conference. Although the front desk staff was not very warm and friendly, the room was clean and beautiful. I went to the in house restaurant, Zink, and it was amazing. The bartender was accommodating and the food was soooo good. I attended the conference the next day and had lunch at Zink again. I tried something different, which was also incredible. I did not use the other amenities but they looked very nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Rochelle C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver Tech Center. I would like to thank you for letting us know about your experience with our front desk during your stay with us. I sincerely apologize if you felt unwelcomed from any of our staff. Our entire DoubleTree by Hilton Denver Tech Center team constantly strives to make every guest’s stay as enjoyable as possible. I will be sharing your feedback with our front desk team. I am pleased to hear that despite this however, you were able to enjoy your stay with us and your dining experience at our wonderful Zink Restaurant + Bar.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We had a very quiet room. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The shuttle service was very helpful and efficient! The hotel offered many amenities, unfortunately due to our short stay we were not able to use them.

Room Tip: higher floor away from street
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver Tech Center. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed using the shuttle service we offer. It is wonderful to hear that our staff was able to improve your time with us. I sincerely hope that the next time during your stay you will be able to enjoy all of the amenities that you were unable to enjoy this time around. Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Loved it. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The common areas were very clean and decent looking, with a large lobby and a cheerful concierge. Our room was of decent size, clean, and quiet. Standard room with a desk, large flat screen and SUPER comfy beds. We didn't try the restaurant, but everyone was raving about it. The area was decent, seemed very safe. Not super close to a lot (it is in the tech center, afterall) but overall, I liked it. Plus, I got a cookie. Can't go wrong there!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver Tech Center. Our staff here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver Tech Center constantly strives to make your stay as enjoyable as possible and it is always wonderful to hear when we were able to do so. Your friends were correct in telling you that our Zink Restaurant+Bar is wonderful. Chef Paul does an amazing job in the restaurant. Thank you once again for your kind words. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Well maintained and friendly staff. Always had a warm cookie for my little girl at the front desk any time of day. A few issues with my early check in where resolved and per-ordered items where in place with in min. The pool was heated and a salt water solution that was very nice, we could not get our little one out of it!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver Tech Center. I am pleased to hear that our wonderful team members were able to assist you with your early check-in request and pre-ordered items. I am also pleased to hear that your daughter enjoyed her swim at our beautifully heated indoor pool, as well as, our wonderful warm DoubleTree cookies. Thank you once again for sharing your review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I recently had the unfortunate experience of making a reservation at this hotel. My daughter's softball team is scheduled to play in the Colorado Fireworks in June, 2013, and this hotel was contracted by her club. When I called in to reserve a room for our 7-day stay, the woman taking my reservation was less than excited to take my call. An expectation was set with me that a confirmation email would be sent to me....I am still waiting for receipt of that email 3 weeks after making the reservation. I called 2 weeks ago to make sure I still had a reservation since no confirmation was received. I got the same lackluster service from the same woman who informed me that an email normally does not get sent out. When I tried to explain to her that the expectation was set, she actually CUT ME OFF, rudely saying "OKAY I'll have someone send you one" - she might as well have added a "Sheesh, lady" at the end of her sentence. Quite honestly, this reservationist was the most uncaring, uninterested, and most rude agent I've dealt with EVER. I STILL have not received an email. I'm hoping all these high review ratings I'm seeing are recent because I have very low expectations of the type of service my family will receive during our stay. For such an extended stay, and to be a selected hotel for a HUGE softball tournament, I am NOT IMPRESSED. My daughter's team registers for these tournament every year, and believe me, Doubletree will not be the team's 1st choice next year - I will make sure of that. I just made a reservation at another hotel chain for another softball tournament, and this Doubletree reservationist cannot even hold a candle up to the lady I spoke with. Very disappointing and not really looking forward to staying at this hotel. Unfortunately, we are locked in with our contract and difficult at this point in time to try to contract another hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Rochelle C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for making me aware of the issues you encountered when booking a reservation for the Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center via Trip Advisor. We look to any feedback we receive from our guests as an opportunity to improve the customer service that we provide. When it fails to meet your expectations, it’s important for us to hear your feedback so that we may continue to improve ourselves.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or lack of customer service care that you encountered with our reservations department and know that I do appreciate your feedback. I have spoken with our reservations team member that assisted you with booking your reservation. This team member is truly sorry that you were not taken care of. She could not recall the specific phone call, but I can assure that this team member consistently does everything she can, to provide our guests with the best care possible. And she and I are both truly sorry that you did not walk away from the conversation feeling that way. Let me reassure you that our hotel team can truly provide amazing customer care for our guests and I am positive that you will enjoy your stay with us while you are in the Denver area.

Thank you again for your comments. Please feel free to contact me, if there is anything I can assist you prior to your arrival.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

After an unsuccessful trip to a hot spring in southwest Colorado my girlfriend and I drove over 2 hours in the snow to get to this hotel. The guys at the front desk were very nice and helped bring our belongings in and even parked my van. The interior has recently been renovated and other than a bit of a steep ramp and no movie rentals our stay was magnificent. I use a wheelchair and am glad to say the room was spacious and the roll in shower made it better than accessible. We will definitely be staying here again. Weekend rates are a bonus!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Denver Tech Center. We strive to always make you, our guest, feel at home during your stay with us and love to hear about your experience. I am pleased to hear that our wonderful front desk team was able to assist you with your luggage and parking your vehicle. Please know that I have shared your feedback with our front desk team. I will also be sharing your feedback about the ramp in the hotel and our movie rental options with the appropriate managers. Thank you once again for sharing your review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Hotel is showing some age such as the door to my room being tough to close but there was a lot of good! The bedding was upgraded and the towels were fluffy. My room had a balcony with a small mountain view and that was nice with the good weather.

The facility has a large free parking lot that's pretty busy during the day because they have a conference center on site.

The breakfast buffet was much better than average - got a discount by booking ahead - included a person to make custom waffles and omelets. Worth getting breakfast.

Biggest negative was front desk staff was quite rude when we requested early check in. Unnecessary in this day and age.

Room Tip: Request mountain view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Deborah K, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Madtowngrl,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech. Please feel free to email me directly so that I can follow up on the issue with the room door at debbie.kirkpatrick@hilton.com. In addition I have shared your comments with our front desk staff to ensure that they are always providing the best customer service at all times.
Our hotel was remodeled in 2008 and we did get the new Doubletree Sweet Dreams bedding package last year which makes our beds the most comfortable in the market.
Thanks also for the great comments about our buffet in our Zink Kitchen and & bar restaurant. We do not have the average hotel food and it shows with your comments about breakfast.
Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences or lack of customer service that you encountered during your stay and know that I do appreciate your feedback.
Debbie Kirkpatrick
Assistant GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
Stapleton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hote...
#5 of 15 in Greenwood Village
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
#1 of 15 in Greenwood Village

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech? Share your experiences!