“This hotel was clean & comfortable. The warm cookie was an added touch. The front clerk also gave me a room with view.”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Greenwood Village
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 16, 2012

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Deborah K, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

Dear Ssalter98,
Thank you so much for your great review regarding your stay at the Doubletree Denver Tech. The cookies are amazing and you can get one anytime during your stay, not just at check in which most guests take advantage of. I was also glad to see that you were in one of our rooms with an amazing few of the front range and the mountains. Thanks again for taking the time to review your stay on trip advisor. We look forward to your next visit to the Denver area.
Have a great week.
Debbie Kirkpatrick

Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed January 7, 2012

If you read the reviews on this hotel, you may be left scratching your head. The experience of staying here is sort of like that too. My wife had a business conference here in October 2010. We live in Colorado Springs, and decided to come back here in the spring of 2011 for a weekend getaway. We booked a Jr. Suite online and the check-in was quick and painless. Loved the cookies! The hotel is obviously an older building. The decor is odd. It is cool, but it has a '60s look and feel to it. We didn't know that the hotel had been renovated and that this was actually new. I really liked it. It was different. We like the open atrium and the indoor pool. The restaurant/bar and coffee bar areas look nice but the coffee bar was closed. We did not try Zinks (the restaurant/bar).

The hotel is very large, and depending on where your room is, you may have a long walk. Our room was on the 4th floor. I don't know if smoking is allowed in the West wing or not, but the ground floor smelled of stale cigarettes. The elevator seemed old and clunky. We were starting to become concerned. We made our way to our suite and, WOW What a surprise! That room is awesome! I can't imagine what the king suite must be! I guess for $300.00 I could find out. It has that same retro 60's feel to it, but it's nice. The suites are at the end of the hallway and away from a lot of traffic and noise. It's a long way from the commons area, but it was very peaceful and quiet. The whirlpool is amazing! The bath area is almost a suite unto itself. Very nice ammenities: robes, towels, toiletries, were all top-notch. The king bed was the most comfortable bed I think I've ever slept in. We had a balcony view of the moutains. It was a nice evening, we left the doors open all night. The plasma tv in the room was probably a 55 or 60", I'm not sure. The biggest tv I've ever seen in a motel room. The only problem with it was, it was not situated for viewing from the bed. There is a couch in the room for tv viewing. We were not there to watch tv anyway so it didn't matter. The suite has a mini-fridge, and a microwave. It also had a single cup coffee maker. I am a big coffee drinker, and there is never enough coffee in my room. I loved this room. If it had a kitchen, I could live in it.

The hotel is a business hotel in the DTC. It is quite far from downtown, the airport, and other attractions. The DTC is a beautiful area in Denver though, you just need to know your way around. The Park Meadows Mall and that whole shopping district are not far away. Lots of restaurants and shops if you know they are there.

Overall I was extremely pleased with my stay here. I had only a few minor gripes. One is that they charge $10.00 per day for wi-fi. I paid over $200.00 per day for this room, and I could not get internet. I can get free wi-fi at brand x where the room is 1/3 of what this room costs. I know the hotel has been updated, but it still shows it's age. If they have not done so, they need to go 100% smoke free. The only other thing is the price. That said, you get what you pay for. This would be an awesome place to spend a week. I will stay here again, but I just can't stay as long as I would like.

Room Tip: Can't speak to the other rooms, but the suites are excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Steve B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip advisor regarding your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center. I am so glad that you choose our property for a weekend getaway as it does have great access to many places in the Southwest Denver area as well as the light rail to downtown Denver. The Doubletree standards include the awesome cookies, the amazing "Sweet Dreams" bedding package for a great night sleep as well as free Wi-Fi in our public areas. In addition we have a package called "Stay connected" that includes complimentary WI-Fi in your guest room. We are a smoke free property with a balcony for every room so that guests can step outside to smoke at their leisure. With over 300 rooms we are able to accommodate guest’s requests for "quite or close" whichever they prefer. In addition Microwave's and mini-fridges are available for no additional fee based upon availability for all guests. I am also proud to say that this hotel recently received the "Doubletree Care Cup" from Doubletree by Hilton naming us the best Doubletree Hotel out of 259 hotels in the Hilton Family. This is based on our property, the staff and our continued commitment to be involved in our community. These are just a few of the things we are proud to tell our guests.
Thank you again for your great comments and we look forward to be the destination for your next "staycation
"

Reviewed December 31, 2011

The walk to the rooms is pretty far, so if a guest is elderly or disabled they may want to request wheelchair and concierge service to their room.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the elevators if you are elderly or disabled, but be aware that the walk from the...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear Lydieboo,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip advisor regarding your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center. The Doubletree standards include the awesome cookies anytime during your stay, the amazing "Sweet Dreams" bedding package for a great night sleep as well as free Wi-Fi in our public areas. With over 300 rooms we are able to accommodate guest’s requests for "quite or close" whichever they prefer.I am also proud to say that this hotel recently received the "Doubletree Care Cup" from Doubletree naming us the best Doubletree Hotel out of 259 hotels in the Hilton Family. This is based on our property, the staff and our continued commitment to be involved in our community.
Thank you again for your great comments and we look forward to be the destination for your next stay in the Denver Tech Area.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

I selected this hotel for a one-day business trip. It was close to where our business meeting was being held.

Very friendly and helpful staff - even provided a ride to the local mall/restaurants. This was a real benefit in staying here without a car, which I took advantage of during my stay. The only problem (a dead battery in the door lock) was fixed promptly.

The breakfast buffet was very good - lots of selection, as well as the make-to-order omelet (other options available as well). I also ate at the in-hotel restaurant - a very nice dinner complemented by the great staff working there.

A good choice if Denver south is your destination and near the Denver Tech Center area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear boboakville from Toronto,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip advisor regarding your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center. I am so glad that you choose our property for your business trip as it does have great access to many places in the Southwest Denver area. When guests arrive without a car, our complimentary shuttle is always available to take them within a 5 mile radius. The staff in every department has great hospitality skills and it shows in the way they take care of our guests. I am also proud to say that this hotel recently received the "Doubletree Care Cup" from Doubletree naming us the best Doubletree Hotel out of 259 hotels in the Hilton Family. This is based on our property, the staff and our continued commitment to be involved in our community.
Thank you again for your great comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next f\visit to the Denver Tech area.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Have been here 3 times on business trips and none have been less than positive experiences. The property is starting to show its age and don't be surprised if you have to call at least once for maintenance, but the staff is courteous, responsive and very attentive to your needs.

The bar and restaurant are linked and both have good service. Food choices are limited but you do have a decent selection. There is also free shuttle to the local dining venues which has many excellent choices.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher level room and one not facing the parking lot on the ground level. Otherwise it...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear Jersey Gourmet,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip advisor regarding your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center. I am so glad that you have chosen our property for your past 3 business trips and that staff has met your needs every time. Our staff really cares about our guests as you pointed out in your review and they strive every day to go above and beyond. From our complimentary shuttle, this is available to take guests within a 5 mile radius, our great food and a staff that really cares we have it all here. I am also proud to say that this hotel recently received the "Doubletree Care Cup" from Doubletree by Hilton naming us the best Doubletree Hotel out of 259 hotels in the Hilton Family. This is based on our property, the staff and our continued commitment to be involved in our community.
Thank you again for your great comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Denver Tech area.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

I spent an evening here after a job interview in the DTC. I slept well the place was clean, well decorated and the staff was excellent. The rooms were nice as well and the beds were really comfortable.
the room I was in also had a mini fridge.
They had both a snack bar and an upscale eatery in the building both of which were good.
The location, near both the highway and the local transit system's lite rail were great, I didn't rent a car and ended up exploring the area by using the lite rail and buses, and thought it was a great way to get to know an area I had not spent any time in before. I was even able to use the lite rail and a buss to get to the airport after my stay. That being said the station is a bit difficult to find on foot, but the excellent hotel staff was able to help me find it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Dear Jason G,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip advisor regarding your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center.I hope your interview went well and I am so glad that you choose our property for your business trip as it does have great access to many places in the Southwest Denver area. Our staff is pretty amazing hence the reason we recently received the "Doubletree Care Cup" from Doubletree naming us the best Doubletree by Hilton Hotel out of 259 hotels in the Hilton Family. This is based on our property, the staff and our continued commitment to be involved in our community.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

This hotel is not too far from the city, close to the I-25 very scenic area. The staff is wonderful, very helpful. You get a free warm cookie when you arrive as well. The rooms themselves were OK but had a motel feel, smell to them. I stayed in room 230, a slider door opened to the outside where you can park, so i can see alot of foot traffic walking past my window. I made the mistake of leaving a soda can in the trash, which was attacked by ants within an hour. The hotel did come and spray the room or clean them up but i seen the ants for the next two days creeping around. For the amount of money the room cost and the room I don't think i would return as a guest, purely for price.

Room Tip: I would recommendation any room not located on the second flood (which opens to the parking area-hea...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip advisor regarding your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center. I am so glad that you choose our property for your business trip as it does have great access to many places in the Southwest Denver area. The staff in every department has great hospitality skills and it shows in the way they take care of our guests. I appreciate your feedback as summer is fast approaching so we have some time to take a proactive step to eliminate the problem you experienced. Your comments are very important to us so that we can strive to provide the best service and a great stay for all of our guests.
Thank you again for your comments and I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with better service the next time you are in the Denver Tech area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
Stapleton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
#1 of 15 in Greenwood Village
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hote...
#5 of 15 in Greenwood Village

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech? Share your experiences!