“that avocado house dressing is to die for..” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House

Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: S. Willow Drive & Orchard Rd
Transit: Light Rail at Orchard Road
Description: Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House has been awarded best steak house both locally and nationally. We served prime steak, seafood, veal, lamb and lobster tails. Enjoy a relaxing after dinner drink in our cigar lounge with live music Wed-Sat. Private dining room are available for both personal and business functions.
Denver, Colorado
“that avocado house dressing is to die for..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2009

that avocado house dressing is to die for..

• Turkish first
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I am not much of a steak...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2008

I am not much of a steak guy.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“BY FAR the best steak in...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2008

BY FAR the best steak in Denver

Colorado
“Over-rated... Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2008

The restaurant was borderline dark so it was just as well the menu was printed in a font size that suited the vision impaired. The noise level was also too high, which made conversation difficult.

Our waitress must have been new as when I asked how the Wedge Salad was served, she said it was just a quarter head iceberg served on a romaine leaf... nothing else. I asked about dressing and she said no. Sounded strange, but I took her word. A neighboring table then ordered it and there it was with it's blue cheese dressing.

This place is no frills; you order meat, starch, and veg, and at a VERY high price too. I personally prefer restaurants where chefs can show off their creative skills. Our crab cake appetizer with the Cajun Lobster Sauce was excellent, though very small, but the 8oz Filet that my husband and I both ordered looked unappealing on arrival; a hunk of beat up looking meat. I would have preferred to have some sauce options to accompany it too. The steak was good quality though, very smooth, and cooked perfectly. I'd expect that from a steakhouse though, especially at $32.95 just for the 8oz filet. Add $9.95 for a side of asparagus with some sliced almonds thrown over for good measure, and another $8.95 for the Potatoes Au Gratin, and you have yourselves a very expensive, plain meal. My husband cooks a mean steak and we could have easily done this ourselves at home and saved the $235 bill for two people, and that was without the tip!!

We ordered a couple of glasses of Veuve Cliquot champagne at $19 per glass (!), and were disappointed to find that it wasn't adequately chilled, which was disgusting at this price. Our bottle of Seghesio Zinfandel was nothing special, but they stung us around $62 for the bottle.

To finish, we had a huge chunk of lemon cake, which was decent, but the coffee was absolutely ABOMINABLE; very weak and with no flavor at all. We complained to our server that it wasn't Starbucks and she agreed with a smile, without offering to make a fresh pot. I declined the refill.

Needless to say, we won't be coming back.

3 Thank KDinCO
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“One of the best steaks you'll have, you'll also pay through the nose. Wonderful place for a special occasion or when...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2008

One of the best steaks you'll have, you'll also pay through the nose. Wonderful place for a special occasion or when you're on an expense account.