“Over-rated... Disappointed”

Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: S. Willow Drive & Orchard Rd
Transit: Light Rail at Orchard Road
Description: Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House has been awarded best steak house both locally and nationally. We served prime steak, seafood, veal, lamb and lobster tails. Enjoy a relaxing after dinner drink in our cigar lounge with live music Wed-Sat. Private dining room are available for both personal and business functions.
Reviewed August 23, 2008

The restaurant was borderline dark so it was just as well the menu was printed in a font size that suited the vision impaired. The noise level was also too high, which made conversation difficult.

Our waitress must have been new as when I asked how the Wedge Salad was served, she said it was just a quarter head iceberg served on a romaine leaf... nothing else. I asked about dressing and she said no. Sounded strange, but I took her word. A neighboring table then ordered it and there it was with it's blue cheese dressing.

This place is no frills; you order meat, starch, and veg, and at a VERY high price too. I personally prefer restaurants where chefs can show off their creative skills. Our crab cake appetizer with the Cajun Lobster Sauce was excellent, though very small, but the 8oz Filet that my husband and I both ordered looked unappealing on arrival; a hunk of beat up looking meat. I would have preferred to have some sauce options to accompany it too. The steak was good quality though, very smooth, and cooked perfectly. I'd expect that from a steakhouse though, especially at $32.95 just for the 8oz filet. Add $9.95 for a side of asparagus with some sliced almonds thrown over for good measure, and another $8.95 for the Potatoes Au Gratin, and you have yourselves a very expensive, plain meal. My husband cooks a mean steak and we could have easily done this ourselves at home and saved the $235 bill for two people, and that was without the tip!!

We ordered a couple of glasses of Veuve Cliquot champagne at $19 per glass (!), and were disappointed to find that it wasn't adequately chilled, which was disgusting at this price. Our bottle of Seghesio Zinfandel was nothing special, but they stung us around $62 for the bottle.

To finish, we had a huge chunk of lemon cake, which was decent, but the coffee was absolutely ABOMINABLE; very weak and with no flavor at all. We complained to our server that it wasn't Starbucks and she agreed with a smile, without offering to make a fresh pot. I declined the refill.

Needless to say, we won't be coming back.

3  Thank KDinCO

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 15, 2008

One of the best steaks you'll have, you'll also pay through the nose. Wonderful place for a special occasion or when you're on an expense account.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 20, 2008

Unbelievable service...this place should offer to give Morton's pointers on how to cook and serve...I can be kind of picky and difficult in restaurants sometimes, but top to bottom there is nothing to criticize. Bread was unreal, homemade sesame loaf, had calamari appetizer for the table (thought this might be a stretch for a place in Denver, not a typical seafood haven - but it was perfect), had a Caesar salad that was crisp and tangy and executed perfectly, then had an 8 oz filet that was butter knife tender and cooked exactly as I had requested. As a side note - they actually have you cut your meat when it arrives to guarantee that it is as you desire. For veggies we had asparagus (wonderfully crisp and fresh), sautéed mushrooms (even the girl we were eating with that typically hates mushrooms loved them and could not stop scooping them on her plate), and château mash potatoes (a house specialty that has skin on potatoes, green onion, and cayenne...note that had a kick, but were so good that even my picky eating girlfriend who wont touch spicy stuff ate every last bit). No room for dessert regrettably but everyone agreed that the drinks, valets (extremely courteous and lighting fast), bar tenders, servers, hostess (who allowed you to have a drink at the bar instead of rushing you straight to your table) made us feel welcome, comfortable and pampered. For four of us, including drinks (which were many), the tab only came to ~$250 and I felt like I got every penny of value out of it. I will be back even if this restaurant is the only reason I stop in Denver, it is simply that good.

2  Thank Devaney22
Reviewed May 16, 2008

Fantastic porterhouse...much like Morton's or Ruths Chris...but a little better.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed May 11, 2008

Best steakhouse in Denver.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook