“I love Del Frisco's... but not in Denver”

Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: S. Willow Drive & Orchard Rd
Transit: Light Rail at Orchard Road
Description: Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House has been awarded best steak house both locally and nationally. We served prime steak, seafood, veal, lamb and lobster tails. Enjoy a relaxing after dinner drink in our cigar lounge with live music Wed-Sat. Private dining room are available for both personal and business functions.
Toronto, Canada
“I love Del Frisco's... but not in Denver”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Business trip - ate solo at the bar.... been to Del Frisco's in Vegas and NY... both EXCELLENT...

HOWEVER, not so in Denver. Had the fillet mignon with broccoli and mashed potatoes. I ordered the bacon mac and cheese (loved that in Vegas). Upgraded to the $4.00 cream sauce for the steak also.

The bacon mac and cheese never arrived. I told the bartender/waitress AFTER I finished my meal and they took my plates and she asked if I still wanted it... and if I'd want to take it to go. I've already mentioned that I was staying in a nearby hotel, so obviously, I would not be able to heat it up at any point to consume it.... so "no" I didn't want it for takeout.

She apologized that it never came and said she'd take it off the bill... (as if I had any doubt they'd actually charge me for something that never came). When my bill arrived... IT WAS ON MY BILL.

I mentioned that it never came... and she apologized again and took it off.

Experience was horrible.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Vayne

• Turkish first
Littleton, Colorado
“Excellent experience during 2013 Denver Restaurant Week”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Second restaurant in our queue of 2013 Denver Restaurant Week choices. Del Frisco's was very busy (@6:30) but we never felt rushed. 6 of us seated in a smaller room that was quiet. Appetizer soup and salads were great. All steaks and salmon cooked to perfection. Potatoes and broccoli were wonderful. Excellent, competent, and friendly waitress, Virginia. From the valets to the greeter and the bartender and the table seater - all friendly and welcoming. Dessert was on the small side, but excellent.

Thornton, Colorado
“Great food!!!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We visited this restaurant during the very popular5280 restaurant week. We have taken part of restaurant week for the past 5 years and this has been our favorite hands down to date. The service was great it was so romantic and quite just what we were looking for on our date night since we have a 4 year old! ;) I had the filet and my husband had the ribeye I have to say it was probably one of the best filets I've had. We also ordered the creamed spinach which was wonderful. The wine, sides and dessert was great. We will go back for sure!!!

Denver, Colorado
“BEST IN TOWN - HANDS DOWN!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

After visiting more steakhouses than one should in a two month span, I have to say Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse is the best in the state! From the pre-dinner VIP Martini and wine list to the appetizers and main course, I loved every sip and every bite that went in my mouth. Their chocolate mousse dessert was sinfully delicious! The service is impeccable from the hostesses to wait staff to chefs. Highly recommend this joint. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!!!

• Visited February 2013
“Waste of $100 For Steak”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Elway's is our favorite place for a steak ( amazing sides too ). We were interested in trying something different. I had seen excellent reviews for Del Frisco's. I had a prime Ribeye, it was barely seared and kinda flavored but nothing special. My husband had a NY Strip, medium well was purple inside. There was no way he was going to eat that. Some kind of chef comes to your table and waits while you check it out, this is a great services. My husband sent his back, when it returned it was cooked better but seemed to be very greasy.
The blue cheese wedge salad was excellent, the jalepeno mac n cheese was okay. The lemon cake was okay.
If feel sick that we spent over $150.00 for our meal. We could have spent $50 at Texas Roadhouse for the same steak! :( :( :(

4 Thank DJPaula