“Good choice in the area”

Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Venice Ristorante & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Holly and Orchard
Description: Venice Ristorante is an upscale Italian restaurant that specializes in authentic Italian cuisine. It is a neighborhood gem that is perfect for a night our with family, friends or coworkers. We are also open for lunch! We have beautiful private dining spaces that can host all styles of events, inquire within about our different banquet menu options. We hope to see you soon!
Vancouver, Canada
“Good choice in the area”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Not many good restaurants in the neighbourhood but this one has good food, nice service, and a good wine list. Had the carpaccio, which was big for an appetizer. Overall a good restaurant and worth a try.

Greenwich, Connecticut
“Excellent Italian food in view of the Rockies and a long way from the Veneo”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

On Saturday evening we went en famaille to celebrate my daughter's birthday at Venice for two reasons: first, my granddaughter begged a change from Morton's Steakhouse in downtown Denver to her favourite restaurant; and second, we are all huge fans of the original City on the Lagoon so the mere name of the most beautiful city on the planet provokes the warm fuzzies in all of us.

Greenwood Village is an upscale suburb south of Denver, and the restaurant is very handy to I-25's Orchard Road exit. It's an easy ride for my daughter who lives in the Village, but even if they lived an hour-plus away I'd still say the excellent Italian food and the attentive but not cloying service would be worth the ride. I had a veal dish which was first class; the 'side' of pasta is whatever you want (not some rubber spaghetti with blah tomato sauce--at my son in law's insistence I had penne alla vodka) and there's a good and reasonably-priced collection of wine. If the 'Michelin Rouge' guides were published here, Venice Italian Restaurant would rate a "Cuisine excellente, cette table merite un detour."

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank John L
Oslo, Norway
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is a very good restaurant. Caters to your needs, the staff is friendly, and it has amazing food!

Visited April 2012
Denver
“What happened?”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Remembering a great meal from a year ago, I reserved a table for my birthday. By birthday was never acknowledged by the hostess who seated us or the waiter. Upon walking into the restaurant at 6:30, we noticed very few tables were occupied. The restaurant was freezing, way too much a/c. Thankfully I had a sweater, but I was cold throughout the meal. Our Mexican waiter was attentive but tried too hard to be Italian. I asked for guidance to choose the best ravioli dish out the 6 possibilities and his reply to all of our questions was "oh, everything is wonderful!" Not true. My lobster raviolis were extremely fishy, my husband ordered eggplant parmigiana which was soggy and loaded down with thick, salty sauce. He couldn't eat it. Our salad was nicely presented in a cheese bowl but overdressed with limp lettuce. We couldn't wait to leave. Definitely too many good Italian restaurants to waste your time at this one.

• Visited July 2012
Englewood, Colorado
“I love it for lunch”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Venice has a great menu - good options for all main dishes, good pasta and risottos, and great wines by the glass. I usually eat lunch here, and it is delicious and a good value. My husband is not crazy about this place - and there is some truth that women probably like this spot better than men, at lunch time there are always plenty of tables of girlfriends dining together. It is a very friendly spot, one that I have no hesitation in grabbing lunch all by myself.

• Visited April 2012