“Great food, fun place”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Quebec
Transit: RTD Light Rail stops are at Belleview and Orchard.
Littleton
“Great food, fun place”
Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

I love going to Yanni's. The food is tasty, resonabily priced,. Mr. Yanni is always entertaining as he comes over and gives a shot of ozzo.

1 Thank Canadafun

Denver, Colorado
“Good Service and Good Food”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

You might not notice Yanni's because it is tucked away at the shops at Landmark just beyond the movie theater, but it is worth a visit. My husband and two of our friends decided to eat there when the other restaurants were completely booked with movie and comedy club goers this weekend. We made reservations at Yanni's and were glad to have done so, because it filled up quickly.
We were seated immediately, and our server quickly came to take our drink orders. The menu is pretty extensive with many of the expected items--souvlaki, pastisticio, moussaka, etc.
Also, the appetizer menu is quite large and includes many of the favorites.
I had the moussaka--which was quite a large portion--I couldn't finish it. My husband and friends each tried the souvlaki -- shrimp, chicken and beef. All of our dishes were served with "Greek-style" vegetables that were out of this world. One of my friends said she could eat a whole dish of the veggies alone because they were so good!
We were each given a small shot of ouzo as well.
Yanni's turned out to be a pleasant surprise, and a great place to stop for a meal before catching a show.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank JandSmomanddad
Denver, Colorado
“Best Greek Food in Denver”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Yanni's is a family owned resturant in the Landmark in Greenwood Village. The owner (Yanni) greets all guests at the door and invites them into his establishment as though he was entertaining at his home. The food is authentic and reasonbly priced in a bright and homey atmosphere. I hail from Chicago where Greek food is an art and this is as good as it gets West of the Mississippi.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank nortobor
Colorado
“Disappointing Greek-like food”
Reviewed December 28, 2010

Ate here this evening in a party of 6. Restaurant moved a year or so ago and is now in DTC area in Greenwood Village, at Landmark Place. Free parking underneath/across street. None of us had been to this location before, and none of us will return. 5 of us had wine, one had beer. Ordered a variety of entrees--chicken souvlaki, spanakopita, gyros platters, etc. All were mediocre. Gyros platter had unattractive presentation. Side dish vegetables were limp and overcooked. 2 in party had been to Greece numerous times and thought food was inauthentic. Surprised by haughty, unpleasant attitude of owner. Seemed like he did not want us there. Odd. We spent a good chunk of cash there and felt like we had wasted our money. Plenty of other good choices in area. Will not return.

1 Thank COGuest
Denver
“Great staff, mixed food reviews”
Reviewed November 24, 2010

I went to Yanni's last night with a friend before seeing a show at Comedy Works. Some parts of the meal were great, others not so much.

For the most part the wait staff was friendly and attentive. A little slow on the second round of drinks but good for the most part. The owner came around twice with free Ouzo shots - that was a nice bonus.

We started with the fried calamari - very good but VERY underseasoned. I ordered the pastitsio and while it tasted all right, it was a little dry. My friend went with the Mousaka and it was extremely good - so good I ended up taking it home! I agree the "Greek vegetables" are nothing to write home about.

We passed on dessert so no comment there - they do have great martinis and wine by the glass though, so we appreciated that.

Am I dying to go back? Not really, but I'd give it another shot if I was in the area.