“Good Food, but SLOW Food”
Review of modmarket

modmarket
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: This is the third location of a wonderful restaurant offering fresh and natural foods at very reasonable prices. We loved it.
Portland, Oregon
“Good Food, but SLOW Food”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I ate here on a Sunday and waited twenty five minutes for eggs, toast, potatoes and bacon. I ordered my eggs "over medium, whites have to be cooked", like I always do...After waiting twenty five minutes for my order, the eggs were barely cooked. I sent them back, and waited another twenty minutes. Finally, after not getting my order, I went to the counter and asked for my food. I saw the cook take my plate out from under a burner. I went back and sat down.

After another five minutes, my food finally arrived. The eggs were perfect, but the meat and potatoes were dry, overheated and the toast was not the type of bread I ordered. I ate it anyway. The manager gave me a coupon for 15 dollars off.

I went back a couple of weeks later for lunch. However, I was too early and was told I could only order breakfast. Fine. I ordered two breakfast sandwiches to go. After fifteen minutes and no food, I went to the counter and was told they were transitioning to lunch. I saw people behind the counter prepping for lunch, playing tag with towels, and talking to each other. No one was working the grill. I finally got my order five minutes later, but only after I stood by the counter making eye contact with the cooks and managers.

This place has good food, but the management and priorities for getting out customer orders is really, really poor. I have never had to wait twenty minutes for two breakfast sandwiches. I could have gone to the store, but the ingredients, and made sandwiches quicker. To their credit, the people are friendly and the food is made to order, even if disorganized.

Visited June 2013

Highlands Ranch, Colorado, United States
“Fresh and Healthy”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

If you want a healthy meal made with whole natural, often local ingredients, for about the same price as many fast food joints, this is the place. Had a delicious Thai salad with lots of moist chicken. Plentiful portions. Next time maybe I'll try one of the personal pizzas. Dressings made on premises and the peanut one was terrific. Only real complaint would be the noise level, especially at lunch when it is crowded. All sleek and hard surfaces provide poor acoustics, but that won't stop me from returning. But then, I go for the food in an order-at-the-counter place like this.

Colorado
“Food = OK. Atmosphere = Fast food. Atitude = Snooty”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Ate here and then again at the one in Lakewood. In a word pretentious. Expensive as well. A salad, sandwhich, personal pizza and bowl of soup - oh and a fountain drink. Total. Drum roll please. Wait for it.... $36.00.

“Organic treat”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Lets start with the soup broccoli cheddar and curry split soup was delicious. The tofu, roasted vegstable, and rice pilaf was ok. The salad was wonderful superfood and wintergreen. The kale pizza was nice mixture with roasted crimini mushroom. Dessert was homemade harvest cookies.

Omaha
“something for everyone-carnivore to gluten free!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Fast casual dining. Soup, salad, sandwiches and pizza. All organic and creative and made as you wait. Hip and cool but reasonably priced. Satisfy the gluten free and lactose intolerant as well as the carnivore in your family. Usually that's impossible to do! Good value and good place.

Visited April 2013