“Gone downhill”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Greenwood Village
Arlington, Texas
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I've been staying here since the hotel first opened, because I have family in the neighborhood. I've always really enjoyed it, but it seems to have gone downhill recently. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, much too soft and lumpy. The sofa in my room had a huge hole. The in-room microwave burned a bag of popcorn within 5 seconds. You can no longer order movies on the TV and are stuck with whatever's on at the time. And the breakfast no longer includes eggs every day; one day the hot entree was biscuits and gravy (they used to at least have hardboiled eggs as an option in the grab-and-go breakfasts, which are no longer offered). In the gym, the bike wasn't working and the treadmill has not been updated/replaced since the hotel first opened about eight years ago. And one morning a maintenance worker started tinkering with my door lock despite a Do Not Disturb sign on the door.

On the plus side, the rooms are pretty large, the staff is friendly, and the location is excellent.

Room Tip: Room 218 had a big hole in the couch and a lock that didn't work quite right, even after it was...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
WingateDTC, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Village/Denver Tech, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. However, we are sorry that the entirety of your stay was not completely accommodating. We will look into the issues you have address and do all we can to ensure that your next stay is more enjoyable. Thanks again and we look forward to your future business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed one night here before a Denver Broncos game. We chose this location because of the price and we figured it would be a quiet area on the weekend. It was quiet.

Staff was friendly and the common areas were clean and well kept.

We had what appeared to be a 'remodeled' room and it was a good size and really nice. The room was clean and well presented. Microwave, coffee pot, small fridge.

The wireless speed was not very good.

I thought the mattress was OK, but my boyfriend hated it. Not even close to the Westin's Heavenly Bed, which to me is the gold standard :)

The shower pressure was awesome and I liked the shower head. I really enjoyed my morning shower.

Breakfast was good. Standard "continental breakfast." Bagels, cereal, pastries, waffles, juice, fruit, coffee. I think they also had sausage and eggs, but I only had coffee so I don't recall.

Overall a great stay. I have no big complaints.
Wish the wireless was better. This could be a real turn-off for a business traveler.

CB & Potts is right in the parking lot. Great food!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danielle W
Danielle,

We greatly appreciate you taking time to acknowledge our hotel and inform us of how pleased you were with your recent stay. However, it is too bad the Broncos had to make an early exit from the playoffs. Look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.
BELLEVUE
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The staff are always great and the location to the Denver Tech Center is optimal.

The rooms are very basic though larger than average. The bed is very uncomfortable. the toilet leaked and essentially was "on" all the time. The furnature is dated. I'm not sitting on those old chairs in the room - Nasty.

The rates are good but there is now competition in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank ANDREW BORGES D... O
Andrew,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that our staff was very accommodating. However, we are sorry that the entirety of your stay was not completely pleasurable. We appreciate the suggestions and we will do all we can to make sure that your next stay is more enjoyable.
Torrance, California
Reviewed December 17, 2012

One of the best hotels I've experienced in a long time. Our room was large, clean, and modern. The queen bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and went out of their way at every encounter. I would go out of my way to stay there if I had to. The free breakfast was excellent also. If you ever go to Denver, CO then this is where you should stay. One word sums up what I have to say "AWESOME".

Room Tip: Has indoor heated pool and hot tub. FUN.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cathy,

Thank you for taking time to acknowledge our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. We will definately look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.
LEHI
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband had to go to Denver on a business trip so the family joined him. Great location near DTC. My husband used their shuttle service every morning to get to the office and it was very convenient.

When we checked in, we were asked to be on the ground floor and they accommodated by giving us the jacuzzi suite. (I wasn't a big fan of the jacuzzi tub/shower combo, but that's beside the point).

We were treated so well by everyone, but especially the cleaning staff. Our littlest one got sick one night and they made sure we had all the clean linens we needed immediately. The next morning I asked them to clean the room immediately while we were at breakfast and they not only obliged, but were just so sweet about it. Big kudos to Maria D and her supervisor.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

WingateDTC, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Village/Denver Tech, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Robert,

Thank you for staying with us. We are pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate all of your needs. Our entire staff appreciates your feedback and will contine to look forward to providing top quality service to all of our guests. Thanks again and we all will look forward to hosting you and your family again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denve...
#2 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel
Best Western Plus Denver Tech Ce...
#3 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hote...
#4 of 14 in Greenwood Village

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Village/Denver Tech? Share your experiences!