“Had an amazing family birthday dinner”
Review of The Wooden Table

The Wooden Table
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wooden Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: University BLVD & Orchard Road
Description: Phone: 303 730-2162
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The food, wine & service were absolutely terrific - hence the top rating in stars. The noise level was relatively loud (hard floors & smaller open space) and ambiance of the room was pretty plain, but we were there for the food! We're food sharers, so we all had a chance to enjoy the 2 appetizers, 4 entrees & 3 desserts. Our waiter was extremely professional, knowledgeable & friendly.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The food and service are excellent at the Wooden Table. I had the proscuitto salad while my companion had the roasted butternut squash salad. We sat outside, which was pleasant despite the parking lot abutting us. The only reason I didn't rate this "excellent" was because this was my first visit and I want to try other parts of the menu before I decide! The variety of salads, sandwiches, and entrees was intriguing, lots of choices and variety. Ingredients are fresh, tasty, and the salads appropriately dressed so that those elements shine. Can't wait to try some more entrees. Critics at Westword are right about this as way above average food.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Our table had fish, steak and pasta. Everything was excellent! Our waiter was very professional and had some wonderful suggestions.
The wine list was extensive and expensive with Italian wines. I would like to see a few more options under $50. The bar is part of the dining area so it can get a little noisy. Not so bad on a weeknight but probably more noticeable on a weekend when waiting for a table.
Everything on the menu is a la carte so it's easy to run up a sizable tab. Portion size is good. They do have a few tables outside. But these table are only a few feet from parked cars coming and going. Not my first choice.
Can't wait to go back the next time we're in Denver.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We keep trying this place, but it has not improved for us. Went on a weeknight and was able to walk in without a reservation. I ordered the lamb. And then we wait and wait and wait, our server is barely around although the place is not that busy. Finally, dinner arrives and the lamb I ordered medium rare is very rare, fatty and tiny. I ate a lot of bread that night. If you like lamb try somewhere else I think. They have outside seating but it is basically in the parking lot.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

The location of this place was pretty interesting. The food was awesome! The bartender and servers were top notch and I couldn't get enough of the desserts. They have an excellent wine selection and I surely would be back.