“OMG!”
Review of The Wooden Table

The Wooden Table
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wooden Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: University BLVD & Orchard Road
Description: Phone: 303 730-2162
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is not easy on the wallet, but if you have not eaten here, you should. This hidden gem is just amazing! The Italian fair is fresh and so amazing. We tend to order half plates and apps and a bottle of wine and sit back and enjoy. It is worth your time and effort to get there and while not inexpensive, it is a very affordable date night and one you will not regret! WE LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The arugala salad with oyster mushrooms is my very favorite! The staff is friendly and helpful with menu items.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I went here last night with my husband and another couple. The food and atmosphere was amazing. We shared the Tagliatelle and mussels for apps. The Tagliatelle had braised rabbit, roasted parsnips and white truffle cream sauce. The truffle was perfect - not overpowering at all. All the pastas are made in house and there is nothing better than fresh pasta. We had the Ricotta Cavattelli which was delish but the Tortelloni should not be missed outstanding dish. The other two dishes were the scallops and red snapper. Scallops were perfectly cooked and teh snapper was good too. But don't miss the fresh pasta dishes. Dessert we shared the Lemon Semifreddo and Apple Bourbon Croustade. Both were delicious but the croustade was outstanding. Crust was perfect. Highly recommend.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Always expect good service in the US and not disappointed. The food here is Italian in style and a reasonable interior though really nothing authentic and the location is in a shopping area not scenic. Mussels for starter were poor, I guess I shouldn't go for seafood this far from the sea. A bite from some chilli I think and really not plump or fresh like you would get in Scotland. For main I tried the scallops which again were average with shrimp cake and appeared to be on a bed of Harissa, the bite covered the flavor all in all not my cup of tea...

1  Thank maraalfa
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Eight of us dined here, old friends who hadn't seen each other in ages. The food was good, some of it (chocolate cheesecake with hazelnut cookie crust) outstanding. My partner loves lobster but is finicky and asked that it be prepared more simply than on the menu and they accommodated the request. My scallops and crispy shrimp cake was quite good. We were seated at a long table, three to a side and one at each end. The din of dining made it difficult for several of us to hear the conversation (we are age 50 to young 70).