“You Would Never Know-”
Review of The Wooden Table

The Wooden Table
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wooden Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: University BLVD & Orchard Road
Description: Phone: 303 730-2162
Bonita Springs, Florida
“You Would Never Know-”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Tucked away in a small group of stores is a small intimate restaurant that I dined at when I visited my daughter in Cherry Hills Village, Colorado. I knew I was in for a delightful eating experience when I saw the menu. Obviously the chef loves his work as the combination of ingredients were interested, varied and delicious. I understand he changes the menu as he sees fit. Although I was there for lunch, I definitely want to return for dinner. What a wonderful surprise and as I said, "you never know".

• Visited May 2013

Fort Collins
“not worth it”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Food was very good. All else was mediocre and/or overpriced

Plain Martini: $12. Other wise the food was priced as we expected: 3 diver scallops and a crab cake $29; a half lobster/pasta dish was $36.

Very limited, one page menu. lots of appetizers, maybe 6 or 8 entrees.

We were sat up against a wall and the a/c draft required us to don our jackets.

the worst part was that the kitchen let us down. We had appetizers shared around the table. Then we sat, and sat, and sat. 30 minutes between appetizers and entree. Way too long a time for two well-behaved kids 8 and 10 years old. Thus the non-family recommendation.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank MauiRegular
San Francisco, CA
“Big city quality in the burbs”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We have been about 6 times since this place opened and each time it has been nearly perfect. the homemade pasta dishes are unique and incredibly yummy and I love the oyster mushroom salad (I crave it all the time). we used to go into the city for a "fancy" meal but now we just go down the street. sure it is in a strip mall and you look out to tjmax so that makes it a little hard to stomach your bill But good food is good food and this place is great!

• Visited January 2013
Littleton, Colorado
“Not Perfect, But Close Enough”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

30th Anniversary Checklist: Dozen Roses - check. Bottle of Champagne identical to one from 1st reception - check. Dinner at superb restaurant - Oh. Yeah.

Ratings systems aren't subtle enough, and that's why I don't normally give a place the max number of stars or forks or whatever, but in the case of The Wooden Table, I'll allow it. My dear-and-patient other half and I ate reverently last night, and immediately crowned WT a Dining Heritage Oasis/ Place. Started with Caesar and Spinach salads. Instead of wolfing the Spinach I should have tossed it a little, because once the onions, vinaigrette and gorgonzola got mixed it became a great opener. Bread was fresh but cold. We shared Linguine: beautiful red chile enhanced sauce and two (two!) kinds of pork - pork belly and pancetta. Try either the seared Diver Scallops or Monk Fish - fresh, tasty, good! Dessert: Hers - Pot de Crème. His - Gelato Sampler. Both sweet but not heavy, authentic but not too strong a flavor. Go to this place. Find a reason. Enjoy!

• Visited April 2013
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
“Outstanding!!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had been meaning to get here for a while. Hidden away in a shopping mall setting, it was recommended to me by one of Denver's top chefs, and it was not a disappointment. Beautifully served, flavorful food. Friendly attentive service. Interesting and varied wine list. Excellent variety of bar drinks put together by a bartender who obviously loves what he is doing. Kudos to Brett Shaheen for bringing this level of fine dining to Greenwood Village. I look forward to returning.

• Visited March 2013