“Palate Pleasing, Nice Ambience”
Review of The Wooden Table

The Wooden Table
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wooden Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: University BLVD & Orchard Road
Description: Phone: 303 730-2162
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The dishes are very well and thoughtfully prepared by this chef. The relatively few tables and attentive, friendly in this restaurant make this a comfortable, yet elevated dining experience.
(The pumpkin cheesecake is definitely worth the calories!)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went to The Wooden Table for the 1st time for Valentine's Day dinner. As expected, the restaurant was extremely busy for the occasion and although we had 7:00 reservations, we did not get seated until closer to 7:45. However, the Management was extremely apologetic and comped drinks for all patrons who were waiting, which kept everyone in good spirits during the wait. The food at The Wooden Table was SUPERB and well worth the wait! Although it's located in a suburban area, their food rivals the best that metro Denver has to offer! My wife had the V-Day prix fixe, I ordered from the regular menu. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals! We highly recommend The Wooden Table and plan on returning soon with our friends!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I celebrated a friend's birthday there. The food was really good and different from alot of Italian places. We had seafood and it was prepared perfectly! The restaurant is smaller than you would think but friendly and the servers were very attentive. Enjoyed it completely!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We found Wooden Table through Restaurant.com and after drooling over the menu, I was surprised to see it be such a hole in the wall. Don't let its size turn you away though, the food was fantastic! I had the lamb--it was cooked just right, and the zucchini/goat cheese fritter, house-made hummus and mint/garlic pesto were awesome accompaniments. My wife had the scallops, which were also perfectly cooked, and came with a delicious crab cake. Our dinner also came with complementary digestifs (I think that's what they're called) which were house-made limoncello and amaretto, and were both quite good (though my wife thought the amaretto tasted like cherry cough syrup!).

We had our kids with us (9 & 10) and they weren't so thrilled with the place, but we only take them to nice places once in a while so I think they just felt out of place. There's no kids menu either and a lot of the ingredients were either foreign to them, or we knew they didn't like. They were happy splitting the ravioli though. So if I had one constructive criticism, it would be that I'd like to see them come up with a kids menu...one that's not the same old boring corn dog and chicken fingers, but 5-star food that kids can recognize. That is, unless they don't have a kids menu because they don't want kids in there! Then it's a different story. = )

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Wonderful food, good pour on cocktails and pleasant service...doesn't get much better. The only complaint ...very noisy. I will return.