“Perfect in every way.”
Review of Chinook Tavern

Chinook Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Chinook Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fiddlers Green Circle
Transit: RTD Light Rail - Arapahoe at Village Center Station
Description: Drawing from his European training (bio), and adding his own creative touch. Executive Chef Markus and his team are developing a new menu inspired by classic European cuisine.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been visiting Chinook Coffee(attached to Chinook Tavern) for a few months now. The coffee and service is excellent all the way around. Lavazza is the coffee of choice. Anyone that knows coffee, knows that Lavazza from Italy is at the top of the pyramid. The gourmet pastries are out of this world. I don't know if they're baked in house or outsourced, but I don't care. Either way, i'm satisfied. Now for the grand slam-the main dining room. The restaurant is gorgeous from head to toe. I'm not sure how much construction cost out of the box, but it wasn't cheap by any means. The atmosphere is wonderful from the bar to the dining room which is divided into many different spaces. My wife and I had the honor to eat lunch at Chinook very recently. From the moment we sat down until the moment we left we were treated with such class and respect. I ordered the most delicious split pea soup ever. I consider my self a pea soup snob of sorts, this soup was top three pea soups I ever consumed. Wow. For the main course my wife and I split homemade meatloaf and rotissiree chicken. Both were excellent. Our server, a European by nature really made our meal special with her attitude and efficiency. What a joy. No meal is complete without a shot of Lavazza espresso. The server recommended a lemon rind in the espresso. It really gave the drink a unique flavor. This restaurant and coffee bar is highly suggested any day or night of the week.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My friends and I had tickets to a concert nearby and thought we could have a nice dinner and drinks here before the show. We had reservations two hours prior to the show starting. We had good service at the bar but when we were seated in the dinning room it all went wrong. Our server introduced himself and then went away. We wanted to order another round of drinks but couldn't find him. After about 20 minutes he arrived and took our drink order and said he would be right back to take our dinner orders. He did not appear at all for over 30 minutes. We were running out of time. My husband went up to the hostess stand to ask for help. Another server came to our rescue and took our orders and said the other guy was busy with a big table. We got our food, it was not what we expected, the portions were small, I received the wrong order all together, and we did not have silverware nor salt and pepper, etc. Our first server came back to the table and asked what the problem was? So that really hit everyone wrong. The bill was $200.00 without tip and no one tried to compensate for our bad service. We will never go back there.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Recently we held our son's wedding rehearsal dinner at Chinook Tavern. I can only say that the staff, facilities, food, service and experience were beyond our expectations.

In our professions we have attended many "larger scale events" so we anticipated that there might be a few glitches...but there weren't. For those of you who will understand I can sum up the entire experience with this one example. We had almost 70 people attend so there were about 9 tables of eight. Not a huge group but enough people that the servers would be busy and it would pose a challenge for the kitchen. We had taken pre-orders for basically three entrees: a vegan option, short ribs or wasabi crusted halibut. When served (remember to almost 70 people) every dish was piping hot for every person and absolutely delicious. Numerous individuals from as far away as California, Washington State and DC and Florida raved about the halibut - saying it was the best fish they had ever eaten....and to think they had to come to Colorado for the experience. Same with the short ribs. Comments were - the best ever, delicious, tender and flavorful. Absolutely fantastic and this on top of the beer garden - wine and hors d'oeurves we had on the patio - prior to dinner. A month later - family and friends are still talking about how terrific Chinook was.

Clemens and his staff were a pleasure to work with before, during and after the event. I can only say this - you gotta try it. Chinook Tavern - a great place to eat.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I went here before a concert at Comfort Dental Ampitheater. We really enjoyed the food. The fried Brie was wonderful. My wife had the Margherita pizza and I had the short ribs. Both were well prepared. My short ribs and polenta were as close to perfect as I have found. We also had the creme brule for dessert which was delicious.
Unfortunately the service came close to spoiling the experience. We had to ask the bus boy on multiple occasions if we could get more drinks and once our food was delivered, we really only saw the server once until the bus boy went and got her. We've had better service at Red Robin.
Bottom line, the food was great, but the service is not up to the same level and diminishes the overall experience. If you get a good server, it's a winner.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

A wonderful gem, fabulous varied menu, vegan to prime rib, good wine list very good service, go you will enjoy!