“Old stand-by for Good Mexican food and Margaritas”

Las Brisas - Greenwood Village
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Arapahoe
Description: Las Brisas Restaurant offers the first Latin fusion cuisine in Englewood, CO. Enjoy a dining experience like never before.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

For years, this place has had good seafood dishes and a great variety of Mexican dishes for everyone. It's more a mix of resort Mexican type food mixed in with traditional classic "norteña" food that you see in the SW U.S. Although I wouldn't rate most of their food as "excellent", it still isn't bad. The Tres Margaritas across the street has better steak tampiquena and different style of salsas.

The house Margaritas are similar to the ones at the Rio Grande where you need to watch yourself because they are strong! I'd opt for the more premium brands for margaritas and the top shelf stuff for sipping with a lime (un Tequilita!).

Service is great overall and they respond pretty well to picky eaters and special requests.

The only two minor drawbacks I saw were that they closed in what used to be one of the better patios in SE Denver. Now it's all banquet space that looks pretty drab. Along with that, the interior design is a little quirky and dated for me. Those minor things aside, we had a great experience just like the ones we've had going back to the 80's.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Had the Mahi Mahi which was excellent. Busy night but the service was prompt and efficient. Good value and a fun vibe with giant Marlin on the walls. The owner showed us his turtle collection in th fountain!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Went to Las Brisas 3 nights in a row for the best Margaritas I've ever had. They also offer a 1/2 price bar tapas style menu. Great value.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Every dish ordered by our group of seven looked appealing and was complimented by all. Service is excellent. Guacamole is made fresh at the table and is superior. We insist on eating at this restaurant whenever we visit local family members, and will continue to do so.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Yesterday I hit Yelp looking for Mexican Restaurants that I expected did whole fish to fee my wife's craving for fish. Well I came across a Yelp Check-In coupon for a free Rita which wasn't too big but was good and not watered down. When I was checking the site for menu details I came across a $30 for $15 deal. Spoke with my wife and we went out for an early dinner. Las Brisas is close to our home so we headed out.

Service was a bit underwhelming but friendly.
Food was fantastic with the deal my wife and I shared the Paella after I had bowl of soup.
We finished off with some of the best sopapillas we have ever tried.
Using the check-in deal and the $15 for $30 made for an affordable meal saving us almost $25 when all was said and done. This allowed us to share the Paella which is $26 which was loaded with Sea Scallops; 21-25 ct shrimp; squid; fish; and chicken. Not what I would expect in a location like this in price or quality.

Facility was recently updated and the food was good but to be fair on the value I would need to go back without the added $15 savings. All I know is we enjoyed the food and it was authentic plus we got a $50 dinner for $34 not too shabby thank you!

1  Thank Daniel W