“Prices do not match the service”
Review of Lucy Restaurant

Lucy Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Lucy is a true dining experience that is laid-back, unpretentious, yet still slightly elegant. Lucy invites all food lovers to sample the house-made creations in a warm atmosphere. Original menu items such as our Cap’n Lucy French Toast, Tuna Tartar, and Chili Cheese Cakes are but a few of the signature items that make us so unique! The fun menu and energy-packed ambiance gives guests a taste of reminiscence that’s always in style.Lucy [above the club] at Comedy Works South at the Landmark first made its debut in October of 2008. The restaurant was named after Lucy the dog who is a French Bulldog born in Sulfer Springs, Texas. Miss Lucy can be seen strolling the restaurant occasionally to make sure everything is in top-dog condition.
Centennial, Colorado
“Prices do not match the service”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

First of all, I don't really like giving low feedback, but in this case, it is to inform future foodies about this restaurant. I really wish I would have taken the other reviews on this restaurant more seriously before going, because they were spot on.

We dined here before a comedy show. That was the only perk. Here is what our experience was like:
1) Poor service - Our server was Stormie. She was a very sweet girl and my husband and I wished she knew more about the menu and drinks. They have a very small menu, which was fine, but to ask the prices they do, I expect the server to know something about it. I asked which one of the Pinot Grigio wines were better and she says she doesn't drink white wine. WOW! So no one at that restaurant has had the white wine to compare? Next as my husband is ordering the glazed pork, he asks what type of glaze is on the pork. She says, I really don't know, I have never asked. Then crickets as he awkwardly looks at me with a puzzled look. I would have expected her response to be "I don't know, but let me find out for you" Their staff is just not educated on the product enough to charge what they do for dinner which is $18-$30 a plate.
2) I got the scallops with risotto which was incredible! No complaints on my dish. The portion was TINY though for $22. I am a very small eater and I had to get pretzels at the comedy show I was still so hungry!
3) My husband ended up getting the pork with the "mystery" glaze. It was funny when the waitress took our order she asked how he wanted his pork and he said "NOT dry, about medium to medium rare" It came out as tough dry medallions. He never sends food back, but he did this time. They fixed the problem which was nice.
4) We sat on the outdoor patio because it looked nice outside and we wondered why we were the only ones out there. I don't know if it was a daycare above us but their were kids screaming and throwing stuff off the balcony almost our whole meal. Awesome, we leave our kids at home for a date night only to be irritated by someone elses.

My suggestion is not to waste your $ on this restaurant. We unfortunately will not be returning. If the prices were lower, I believe my review would be different in this case. The service and experience does not match that of an upscale restaurant which is what I think they are making themselves to be.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank alysha o

“Relaxing, delicious, and friendly!”
Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

A great place to grab a cup of coffee before work, have a lunch break and relax on the patio, and hang out before a comedy show! Would suggest this restaurant to anybody! Even offer promotional items such as free coffee and buy one get one!

TAPPAN, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOVED THE FOOD AND PEOPLE”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The staff was great. The restaurant had a pleasant atmosphere and we were able to take our time and enjoy our meal. I felt the food was a great value for the price.

Visited April 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Much improved - now very good - great choice before Comedy Works”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Lucy is the place to eat before going downstairs for the Comedy Works. We ate there Friday night and while the menu remains essentially the same, the food quality is dramatically better than six months ago. Our server says that they have a new chef and kitchen staff. Seared tuna was great and so was blackened trout. Both were done perfectly. French onion soup was good, but not exceptional.

Wait staff remains irreverently fun, as you would expect on top of the Comedy Works.

• Visited October 2011
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Good Service, waaay overpriced, horrible food, got sick”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

There were 6 of us in our group and 5 out of 6 said their food was terrible. My risotto came out with one side barely warm and the other side hot, which tells me it sat (at least half of the plate) under a heat lamp. Two people ordered soup that also did not come out hot. Small portions on large plates. One person got the "gourmet" grilled cheese and tomato soup, which was a SMALL grilled cheese sandwich and a SMALL bowl of soup. Nothing extra on the plate...no pickle, chips, lettuce, etc. The bread was burned on the ends as well. Had I been paying for the meals, I would have complaned and not paid for all of it. You think the waiter would have noticed that most of our plates were returned barely touched. Since I was a guest at the table, I did not say anything, but I would never eat at this place again. To top it all off, I believe I got food poisening from most likely the shellfish that was in my risotto. I'm am very glad I did not eat very much of it. Woke up a couple hours after going to bed with a horrible headache (no, not caused by drinking too much, in case your wondering), stomach cramps and a dizzy feeling. I will spare you the details of what came next. I will be calling the other person that ate the seafood risotto as I did, to see if they got sick as well and if they did, I will be calling the health dept. Consider yourself warned.

• Visited February 2011