“Good food and great atmosphere”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bellview and I-25
Transit: Belleview Avenue Light Rail 1/4 mile
Reviewed September 27, 2013

New York Strip steak was seasoned wonderfully and cooked perfectly. Wedge Salad was crispy and had just the right amount of dressing, etc. Mac and Cheese was also very good. One diner in our party received the wrong food, however, this was corrected promptly. The restaurant seemed a bit pricey for the quantity of food received compared to more affordable steakhouses. The atmosphere must be what causes this restaurant to be so expensive.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We went here for dinner one night after a conference. Our waitress was great and the food was amazing! It was well worth the price!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The food was good, but not great. The service seemed somewhat disinterested. Overall I don't think we'll come back since the dinner cost quite a bite more than we are willing to spend on mediocre food and service.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I ate here on June 18th with my wife and daughter. I had their tomato & mozzarella salad and their Fire Box Artichoke as an appetizer. Both were promptly served and reasonably good but not what I expected so I ordered a cheeseburger - which I almost never do. All were promptly served and the waitstaff was attentive. But just not what I expected - I've been here before and I know the Cool River Cafe is not a cafe but a steakhouse. Still I wanted a change of pace - last time I was here over a year ago I had their Smoked Pork Sandwich which was good - I should have just had that again.

Bottom Line: upscale steakhouse serving prime cuts of beef in a classy atmosphere. They also have a cigar bar - The Cognac Room. Waitstaff is courteous, knowledgable, and exceptionally hospitable. The food is fresh and promptly served to your specifications - expect to pay top dollar and if this is your thing you'll be pleased. They do this particular thing as well as anyone. It strikes me as a classic cattleman's club. If that's your thing This is your place.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Nice place for a steak and a glass of wine. A little on the pricey side, but a nice place. Service is exellent and friendly. If you live or are near DTC and don't want to go downdown it is a nice choice to have.