“Snow Storm & Cops” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Greenwood Village
Seattle, Washington
“Snow Storm & Cops”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I really wanted to like this place the gal who checked me in was very nice her name started with a P. I think the room was just ok lots of patch work on the walls and doors. But what got me was I got to the hotel on March 22nd that night they had a snow storm it snowed for 2 days and Denver got 11 inches of snow I was god smacked not one person plowing the parking lot not one person shoveling not a one!!! The stair well had 6 or more inches of snow in them I fell on the concrete stairs and really messed up my back I mean where in the hell is the people to shovel and plow I checked out today and after most of the snow ad melted away they had some older guy our there putting ice melt down I'm thinking its a little to late that should have been done 3 or 4 days ago. Now lets talk about the cops that case this place they are every where pulling people over left and right when you pull into the hotel I stayed at the hotel from Friday the 22nd to Tuesday the 26th and got pulled over 4 days in a row and I never got a ticket so I don't know what's going on there. I don't think I would go back to this hotel again!

Room Tip: Get a king room you would like the extra room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jeff J
Brittany M, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the snow is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have held the appropriate peopel accountable regarding the cleanliness of the parking lot to ensure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dtn@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I prefer this hotel I wont go anywhere else. The price is great, its clean, spacious, the customer service is excellent! Ive been to other places before and Im telling u, with prices, amenities, local restaurants, everything is really decent, no other hotels compare! I think all hotels should be like this one. The service i had was very pleasant, the management has my mind up that I know for a fact i wont spend my money anywhere else because it reassuring i will only come here.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you had a good stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our stay was first marred by the snowstorm in the first week that we arrived in Denver and the hotel premises were not cleaned the snow stayed on the walking and driving path and the road became slippery in many places. Since hotel chain has this wonderful facility providing a kitchen for convenience, I loved the prospect of staying in such a place.

But on arrival I noticed, I had to ask for everything from a phone in the room, to toilet paper to a spatula. Apparently, the staff not only inattentive, but the fact that housekeeping is done once in 7 days is another big turn down. My trash had piled high from ordering in everyday and I had to throw it out. Now why would I do that while staying at a hotel?

Room Tip: Make sure when you check in, everything is in place or you would keep running back and forth to the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that you had a bad experience. Please accept my apology and to prevent this from happening again, my team is going to use your survey as a training tool. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dtc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
DAYTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We have stayed here five times (about 100 nights total). The hotel is convenient and has generally good facilities, and is priced fairly. Our room has been reasonably clean, and has always been comfortable and quiet (except for one evening when there was a regional power failure that was not the fault of the hotel). The staff has always been helpful, thought we have occasionally had to call more than once. Some of the other guests have caused problems once or twice, but we don't blame that on the hotel. This has been a good place for our purposes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. We're glad that you have had such wonderful experiences at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback, especially when you enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to our area.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

It was ok except for the smelly carpets. .
and a stinky smell like a gas refinery outside but maybe just a bad restaurant nearby
my key didnt work the clerk had to open my room with master key and i didnt have a key the whole time.
the clerk did try to accommodate a request I made.. thankful for that.
I would give it one more time.. so far I prefer the other one I stayed at nearby

Room Tip: i recommend this approach for all hotels; be specific, see the room first, if you dont like it dont...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I hope that you will contact me directly, at dtn@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I shopped this hotel on Priceline and received a very competitive price, I was very concerned about the quality of the hotel based on what I paid. Priceline called this a 2star hotel so I thought it wouldn't be too bad. The front desk staff was young, immature and unprofessional. The room was dirty, lights didn't work, police were dispatched for domestic violence. I wouldn't recommend this hotel in the future.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness of the room. To prevent this from happening again, we are ensuring each and every room is inspected by a manager. We will also have maintenance double check the room for any lighting or mechanical issues. I do appreciate you bringing this to our attention. As for the front desk staff I really don't know what happened we have such a good staff at this hotel so I am truly sorry. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dtn@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area. Thank you again for your feedback.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

My room was not good.... Dirty dishes, strong stinky smell in the carpets and furniture, dirty couch with stains, hair on the floor and more. I stayed one night out of 5 and that's only because I didn't check in until 9 pm and it was too late to leave. They tried to switch my room, but I was not interested. Even the hotel lobby was filthy. Good thing there is another Extended Stay across the street and they had a room for me. Night and Day! The room was so nice. I know now to never book a trip without Trip Advisor. I would never recommend anyone staying here, unless they have to have the cheaper rate. The room down the street are only $10 a night more.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel.  Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff.  I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory. We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
Denver Marriott Tech Center
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Tech Center
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denve...
#3 of 15 in Greenwood Village
4.0 of 5 stars 751 reviews
Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center

Been to Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North? Share your experiences!