“Awesome Hotel. Just right for the money!”

Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Greenwood Village
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family and I went to Denver over Christmas Holiday and found our way to this hotel. We felt at home with the staff and it was important I tell someone about our experience. Everything from the bed to the breakfast was beyond our expectations and we will be back. Thank you

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Last year this was the place of choice for us when visiting Denver (often). The mattresses were always just right, the place respectably clean, the breakfast bar quite good, smoke free facility with a decent exercise room, the staff very pleasant and helpful, and the location fairly quiet. This last visit 10/22/12, we found the mattresses a little worn out and not as comfortable, the pillows a bit mushy, and the chairs in the breakfast area were not sturdy. We are not big people (145 -160 lbs), but found many of the chairs were rickety and in need of stabilization or replacement; we tried several before finding a couple that were sturdy. When we suggested to the front desk that the management replace the chairs the person laughed and said it was probably time to glue them again. This was disturbing, since personal safety and hotel liability is the issue. People aren't as small as they used to be and the hotel could benefit by getting some slightly larger chairs. We don't know Colorado laws, but a child had brought in a puppy to the breakfast room too.
A protective plastic moulding on the door corners in the hall caught my sleeve; in our room the bathroom door was badly blistered, and looked like it had been chewed near the bottom.
Everything else was the same as we have come to expect
It's to be expected that hotels suffer a lot of wear and tear. I hope this hotel gets some fluffing and freshening soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnDTCSE, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, and give us an opportunity to address your concerns. Our hotel will be enduring a major renovation, within the upcoming year, which will include replacement of mattresses, new furniture, and updgrades to guest rooms and public areas. I apologize for the statement of repairing our chairs, I'm sure the staff was trying to make light of the suggestion, and responded poorly. We do take the safety of our guests very seriously and are already in the process of adding reinforcements to the chairs, to provide additional support. We do not allow pets in the breakfast area of the hotel, and have informed my staff to coach guests who attempt to bring them into dining areas. We are in the process of replacing all of our bathroom doors, as the company that installed them, did not "weather-proof" them for the humidity/moisture in the bathrooms. I am pleased to hear that the remainder of your stay was pleasant. I stand by Hampton's 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, and would be happy to compensate you for your experience, if you would contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is an older Hampton Inn that was conveniently located for a visit with family. The standard room amenities and comfortable bed are one of the reasons I chose Hampton Inn and that did not disappoint. There is nothing special about the hotel and it was a decent, but not a memorable stay. The room was clean and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for your experience. We will be going through a complete renovation within the upcoming year, updating guest rooms and public areas. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to further impress you with our remodel. We value you as our guest, and would love to welcome you back, when visiting the Denver Tech Center.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I selected this hotel because it has van service for pick up and drop off within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. The room rate was about $20 higher than a comparable chain in the area, but I felt that not having to take a taxi would make up for the additional expense.
Upon arrival in Denver we took a bus to the park and ride near the hotel and called for the van. The receptionist asked repeated questions about our location and was clearly not aware of local street names. After an hour wait she called back and said the van driver had driven to the bus stop and couldn't find us. She again asked where we were. Then I spoke to the driver and again I gave him a detailed location. Less than 10 minutes later the van arrived.
Check in was pleasant and during the process I verified that we would need a van ride to the Centennial airport at 7:00 am. on the date of check out. The desk receptionist entered the request in a book.

The managers reception (Monday through Thursday) was well stocked and enjoyable.

The room was clean and comfortable but showed some aging. The bathroom door was missing paint. The bathroom counter and facade had separated and the toilet needed new caulking at the base. We went to breakfast and couldn't find the "do not disturb sign" (which was missing from the plastic holder on the door) to keep the cleaning staff out, so our room was cleaned before we took our morning showers, requiring us to ask twice for new towels to replace the ones we used.The tub/shower faucet was extremely difficult to operate. So much so that my 10 year old grandson needed help.

The breakfast was well stocked and should be acceptable to almost everyone. The only small complaint is that for some reason the coffee/tea set ups are located slightly outside of the breakfast area requiring a few steps and stairs to get coffee and refills.

Upon check out I inquired about our van ride to the airport. The clerk said he couldn't find any prior request. I suggested that he check the "book" whereupon he found the entry written two days prior.
He suggested that I come back later because he was not the driver.
At 7:30 am I asked another clerk about our van ride and he said the van driver reports to work at 8:00 am, and if I wanted a ride earlier than 8 am I should have requested it at least 24 hours earlier. I advised him that I had request the van 48 hours earlier and suggested that he check the "book". After finding the entry he said he could try to contact the driver but if not successful, there was no one else available.

We finally left for the airport about 7:50 am.

The next day I received an e-mail from the hotel guest services manager thanking me for staying there. Unfortunately, the hotel e-mail included the e-mail addresses of every guest that received a similar e-mail. Something some people would find especially troubling. A short time later I received another e-mail announcing that the first e-mail was being recalled? Nice try!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank porterjames2
HamptonInnDTCSE, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. The problems you mentioned with the communication and scheduling amongst my staff, as well as the follow-up email have been addressed. We will be going through a renovation soon, and the mentioned items will be replaced and updated. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast; we have found that keeping the coffee station on the main level, allows guests to grab their coffee quickly during the morning rush. We appreciate you bringing this to us and we hope you will give our property a second chance if you return to the area. I am sending you a complimentary voucher for the experience you received, and have refunded your credit card, as we stand behind Hampton's 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. We would really love to have you back so we can show you what our Hamptonality is all about.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stay here when I travel to the Denver Tech Center for business trips. My stays have been from overnight to two weeks and each has been terrific. The staff are always cheerful and help with anything I need. The hotel has several good restaurants within walking distance. If you want to cook for yourself, the fully-equipped kitchens in the suites are wonderful. There are several super markets in a ten-mile radius and easy to get to if you have a car available. This Hampton is my "benchmark" when I compare all other hotels. Thanks to the staff and management for the great service.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bk42longs
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here 4 nights while we attended our family reunion. Several from our family booked rooms and were very pleased. This is a older hotel, but has been maintained well and is very clean. Everyone that we had contact with was so helpful and professional when we needed something. We were very pleased with the housekeeping department in keeping our room tidy and clean during our stay. We had a king suite on the 3rd floor that overlooked the front and pool area. Our room was very quite, comfortable and roomy.

Compared to alot of other hotels we have stayed in, the breakfast was very good. They served 3 different hot items a day (french toast sticks, omletes, eggs, potatoes, sausage and bacon were a few I remember from our stay). You could find waffles, oatmeal, cereal, pastries, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruits and juices that were always available. I thought they did a good job in keeping the items well stocked and replenished when they ran out. Another nice thing that they did was have To Go Bags at the front desk if you didn't have time to eat before leaving for the day. We did stop in for two evenings during the Manager Reception and enjoyed a glass of wine and beer. They also had a few light snacks to enjoy while relaxing, which was nice the first evening we went down. The second evening the area was packed with guest and most of the snacks were gone by the time we arrived. This was the first hotel I have stayed at that offered this. A nice touch before dinner. We also enjoyed the pool area. The little ones that were staying at the hotel during the reunion enjoyed the pool and swimming in the late afternoon. We sat out 2 evenings and visited with family, until the sprinklers came on one evening. What a surprise!!! It would be nice to have the sprinklers come on early in the morning when no one is using the pool area.

The only complaint that we had was that it was not the easiest hotel to find and get into. Once we were familiar with the area we didn't have any problems navigating into the hotel. When you exit from I-25 we tried to follow GPS (which was useless). As soon as you see the hotel sign, you will want to make a left turn at the light and go to the next light and turn left and go in the back of the hotel. You can't enter the hotel from Arapahoe Road, without having to go through other businesses.

Thanks so much for such a nice place to stay while enjoying our family. This hotel was a nice surprise with many amenities for an excellent price, which is conveniently located to all of Denvers's attractions.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is a good Hampton. The people were pleasant and the hotel is clean. I've stayed in a bunch of Hamptons and this one ranks in the upper half. Not sure why but the breakfast and the manager's reception seemed livelier than most. Overall a very nice experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Village/Denver Tech
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Vil...
#1 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denve...
#3 of 14 in Greenwood Village
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Te...
#6 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Tech Center
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hote...
#4 of 14 in Greenwood Village

Been to Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel? Share your experiences!