“My favorite Hampton”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Greenwood Village
Wichita, Kansas
“My favorite Hampton”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stay here when I travel to the Denver Tech Center for business trips. My stays have been from overnight to two weeks and each has been terrific. The staff are always cheerful and help with anything I need. The hotel has several good restaurants within walking distance. If you want to cook for yourself, the fully-equipped kitchens in the suites are wonderful. There are several super markets in a ten-mile radius and easy to get to if you have a car available. This Hampton is my "benchmark" when I compare all other hotels. Thanks to the staff and management for the great service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bk42longs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here 4 nights while we attended our family reunion. Several from our family booked rooms and were very pleased. This is a older hotel, but has been maintained well and is very clean. Everyone that we had contact with was so helpful and professional when we needed something. We were very pleased with the housekeeping department in keeping our room tidy and clean during our stay. We had a king suite on the 3rd floor that overlooked the front and pool area. Our room was very quite, comfortable and roomy.

Compared to alot of other hotels we have stayed in, the breakfast was very good. They served 3 different hot items a day (french toast sticks, omletes, eggs, potatoes, sausage and bacon were a few I remember from our stay). You could find waffles, oatmeal, cereal, pastries, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruits and juices that were always available. I thought they did a good job in keeping the items well stocked and replenished when they ran out. Another nice thing that they did was have To Go Bags at the front desk if you didn't have time to eat before leaving for the day. We did stop in for two evenings during the Manager Reception and enjoyed a glass of wine and beer. They also had a few light snacks to enjoy while relaxing, which was nice the first evening we went down. The second evening the area was packed with guest and most of the snacks were gone by the time we arrived. This was the first hotel I have stayed at that offered this. A nice touch before dinner. We also enjoyed the pool area. The little ones that were staying at the hotel during the reunion enjoyed the pool and swimming in the late afternoon. We sat out 2 evenings and visited with family, until the sprinklers came on one evening. What a surprise!!! It would be nice to have the sprinklers come on early in the morning when no one is using the pool area.

The only complaint that we had was that it was not the easiest hotel to find and get into. Once we were familiar with the area we didn't have any problems navigating into the hotel. When you exit from I-25 we tried to follow GPS (which was useless). As soon as you see the hotel sign, you will want to make a left turn at the light and go to the next light and turn left and go in the back of the hotel. You can't enter the hotel from Arapahoe Road, without having to go through other businesses.

Thanks so much for such a nice place to stay while enjoying our family. This hotel was a nice surprise with many amenities for an excellent price, which is conveniently located to all of Denvers's attractions.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is a good Hampton. The people were pleasant and the hotel is clean. I've stayed in a bunch of Hamptons and this one ranks in the upper half. Not sure why but the breakfast and the manager's reception seemed livelier than most. Overall a very nice experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stay one night on June 23, 2012, the best for the $ 101... the bed, the worst: the morning "breakfast" consisting of very dry tasteless scrambled eggs, a sausage and gravy, I pass the last two..very bland breakfast, I really expected something better.
The bed was comfortable, really nice.The room was quite small for the price, but clean and in good condition. I have to go to the front desk to pick another remote.
I you like me, wanted a really good breakfast, you need to go out or stay in another hotel.The area is nice, safe and corporate, good restaurants around, Magianos, one of the best in the area.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first,I stayed on 148, quite small, I think. My room also lacked a fridge and mi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
I appreciate your recent review of our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with your breakfast and we will review our offerings, keeping your recommendations in mind. The next time you are in town please visit us again. Thank you for your comments.
Pasadena, California
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed here for two nights on business recently, primarily because my other options were booked. The property is an older Hampton Inn. If you are looking for a basic hotel at a bargain price, you'll be satisfied. If you are looking for a lot of amenities, this is not the place.

Despite being what I believe to be an older property, it was in good condition. It's conveniently located off the freeway but there are not many eating options very close that I saw and it is located on a major street that does not appear to be pedestrian friendly.

You get the basic Hampton Inn lmited breakfast in the morning. There is a small gym, but it's in the basement. There was a pool somewhere but I didn't see it. Parking was pretty easy. There are vending machnes but no gift shop. They appear to be staffed pretty slim because when we inquired about the hotel shuttle (5 mile limit) picking some of our party up in the evening we were told that even though the service is available, they don't like to do pick-ups in the evening because the woman who drives the shuttle also manages the evening happy hour so if she is picking someone up, the happy hour munchies don't get stocked.

There is wireless internet, but I found it pretty slow. It was complimentary for me, but I don;t know if that applies to all guests. I'm Diamond status with Hilton.

I wasn't happy with the cable. They have an HBO brochure in the room with the program schedule, yet I didn't get HBO in my room. I asked the front desk and they said they have a lot of problems with the cabe provider. None of the HD channels worked in my room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cabjohnson
Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

Check-in quick and pleasant. Hotel is an old property. Room did not have a coffee pot and no remote for the TV. When asked remedied the problem. Felt that the property is run down, not the cheerful experience a Hampton usually is.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Sub0dhN
HamptonInnDTCSE, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback in regards to lack of amenities within your room. I've worked with our maintenance team to fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. We also apologize that you did not receive the warmth and Hamptonality that you are used to. We will continue to work on this to ensure we’re providing the best guest experience possible. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us at Hampton Inn Denver-Southeast the next time you return to the area.
Snow Country, Utah
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I arrived on the first warm day of spring and the ac in my room wasn't working. The staff checked it out and then had me in another room within 10 minutes, even upgraded me. Location has lots of restaurants around making it a great place to stay. Only negative is the bathrooms share a wall with the halls and its very easy to hear bathroom conversations as you're walking through. But who wants to hang out in a bathroom talking?

• Stayed April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Village/Denver Tech
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Vil...
#1 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denve...
#3 of 14 in Greenwood Village
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Tech Center
Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center
Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center
#7 of 14 in Greenwood Village

Been to Best Western Plus Denver Tech Center Hotel? Share your experiences!