“Just fine” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Greenwood Village
Duncan, Oklahoma
“Just fine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Check in swift, really swift. Room clean and HVAC functioned well; not noisy. I continue to wonder why La Quinta has thermostats on room wall near the door when the control is on the unit. Configuration of the rooms with pool in courtyard is something to be copied. A good thing. Room clean and well enough furnished. Two beds, so no frig or microwave. Some sort of economic trade off for LaQuinta. Elevators so slow. I imagine the staff uses 40 minutes each day each waiting on those elevators.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. Our ground floor suite had an additional door that opened out to a beautiful courtyard near the pool, making it easy to go swimming without having to walk through the hotel in my swimsuit! We used the exercise room each day, it was clean and had several machines to use. The breakfast was very good with a lot of variety. The hotel was clean and smelled good. We stayed for several days. The staff was very nice and helpful. We would recommend this hotel to anyone that is in the Denver area. We will stay here again every time we are in the area!

• 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was one of the nicer La Quinta's. Very nice room. Very comfortable. Liked the service. Am an elite member and so was upgraded to a bigger room and a cookie and water was waiting for me in the room.

• 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Grand Junction, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel was okay. We arrived mid afternoon, check in was smooth. I was surprised to see dogs in the foyer, figured this was a pet friendly hotel after seeing multiple dogs. They must have special rooms for the dogs, as ours didn't smell like a dog (or any pet), which was good given my allergies. The room was fine but plain. No big deal, we're just looking for a place to crash, not vacation. The bed was a bit hard, but not excessive. The light in the little foyer of the room didn't work at first, I found that it was unscrewed. This was a mystery until later that night - when I turned off the main light switch, the desk light, the foyer light AND the TV went off! Apparently the outlet for the TV is wired into the main light switch. Surprise! So, the light bulb is unscrewed again and the TV works without the lights on. The breakfast was pretty sparse, but I'm a sucker for the fresh waffles - they were good. Encountered evidence of dogs on the walk by the pool back to the room. Fortunately, it was spotted before stepping. The biggest disappointment was the iron provided in the room. As I was ironing a shirt for the evening I noticed the shirt getting discolored. Come to find out there was something, probably some plastic or wax, melted onto the iron. Hope my shirt recovers. Didn't use the microwave in the room, don't think the frig worked though. I put a couple of refilled water bottles in to chill, I think they were cooler when I put them in than when I took them out. It was turned way up too, so I'm guessing it didn't work. This was also my first time for needing to use my room card to get ice.

An okay stay, the price was right, but we'll probably shop around next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Room and hallways were FILTHY and very noisy. Fellow "guests" were awful and my son witnessed a conversation in the hallway in which one man told another he'd been doing drugs and other unmentionable things all day. Super! This place is awful, completely awful. I showered the minute I got back home.

Somerset West, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Just another American hotel, solid clean, nothing to rave about but nothing to complain about. Clean, hot and cold running water..... This ones lift creaked quite a bit. What is this American thing with paper / polystyrene "crockery"? Maybe it is just my cynical approach to hotels. Receptionists were friendly!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Center Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Ce...
#2 of 15 in Greenwood Village
4.0 of 5 stars 442 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Englewood Tech Ctr
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver En...
#7 of 15 in Greenwood Village
3.5 of 5 stars 460 reviews
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Village/Denver Tech
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Vil...
#1 of 15 in Greenwood Village
4.5 of 5 stars 729 reviews
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hote...
#4 of 15 in Greenwood Village
4.0 of 5 stars 130 reviews
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!