“It was okay”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Greenwood Village
Grand Junction, CO
“It was okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel was okay. We arrived mid afternoon, check in was smooth. I was surprised to see dogs in the foyer, figured this was a pet friendly hotel after seeing multiple dogs. They must have special rooms for the dogs, as ours didn't smell like a dog (or any pet), which was good given my allergies. The room was fine but plain. No big deal, we're just looking for a place to crash, not vacation. The bed was a bit hard, but not excessive. The light in the little foyer of the room didn't work at first, I found that it was unscrewed. This was a mystery until later that night - when I turned off the main light switch, the desk light, the foyer light AND the TV went off! Apparently the outlet for the TV is wired into the main light switch. Surprise! So, the light bulb is unscrewed again and the TV works without the lights on. The breakfast was pretty sparse, but I'm a sucker for the fresh waffles - they were good. Encountered evidence of dogs on the walk by the pool back to the room. Fortunately, it was spotted before stepping. The biggest disappointment was the iron provided in the room. As I was ironing a shirt for the evening I noticed the shirt getting discolored. Come to find out there was something, probably some plastic or wax, melted onto the iron. Hope my shirt recovers. Didn't use the microwave in the room, don't think the frig worked though. I put a couple of refilled water bottles in to chill, I think they were cooler when I put them in than when I took them out. It was turned way up too, so I'm guessing it didn't work. This was also my first time for needing to use my room card to get ice.

An okay stay, the price was right, but we'll probably shop around next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Room and hallways were FILTHY and very noisy. Fellow "guests" were awful and my son witnessed a conversation in the hallway in which one man told another he'd been doing drugs and other unmentionable things all day. Super! This place is awful, completely awful. I showered the minute I got back home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Somerset West, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Just another American hotel, solid clean, nothing to rave about but nothing to complain about. Clean, hot and cold running water..... This ones lift creaked quite a bit. What is this American thing with paper / polystyrene "crockery"? Maybe it is just my cynical approach to hotels. Receptionists were friendly!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
American Fork, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was a bad experience from the very beginning. We arrived around 11 pm and waited for 10-15 minutes before the clerk arrived to check us in. The electronic card key did not work and we had numerous problems with these keys the entire 5 day stay. There were many disgruntled guests with the same problem. The rooms are in serious need of updating as the carpets, furnishings and decor are very old and stained. However, they did have new flat screen TV's. The housekeeping staff was friendly but did not clean the rooms very thoroughly, We found old food in our refrigerator upon arrival in the room. We were awakened by a dog barking in the room next to ours and we were astonished to learn that pets are allowed in the rooms. There is an area of the hotel reserved for smoking rooms but the smell permeates into the hallways and elevators. The one positive is that the bed was comfortable but this is not enough for me to ever stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room away from the smoking area and where pets are not allowed.