See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Hotel seemed OK, then the power went out for almost a day before I left to go to another hotel, Was supposed to stay there 5 nights, but stayed one before power when off at 7am and stayed off until at least 10pm when I left and went to another hotel. The hotel refused to refund and of the money I paid for the remaining 4 nights I was there and because the power was not going to be coming on anytime soon (the work crews left) I had to pay for another hotel (so now I am paying for two hotels because one won't issue a refund for nights I couldn't stay in a pitch black hotel (that I may add had no safety lights on battery backup in the stairwells so I nearly broke my neck trying to leave). They obviously only care about money and not their customers. I feel like I was robbed and as such feel I have to take legal action as well as report this business to the BBB and others to set them straight. BTW Motel 6, I demand my money back for services you didn't render as part of our agreement to pay and stay there. I will get it from you.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Sean O
ap72denver, General Manager at Motel 6 Denver South - South Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2017

Hello Sean,

Thank you for review, we appreciate your feedback here and apologize for the inconvenience and more so what looks like a misunderstanding.

The power outage was completely out of our control and we were on top of the provider constantly, only to be let down by them. We got generators and lamps to light up the hotel as well, as we couldn't rely on the power company. We also co-ordinated with the authorities to let them know our situation so they can increase coverage during this time.

Due to the power outage our credit card machines were down and hence, we couldn't process a refund at that very moment. However, the next day, we called you and processed a full refund for that night and all pending nights and have confirmed this with you as well. We also issued any cash refunds to customer who wanted it the same day, provided they by cash and offered discounts to customer who stayed that night.

Also to clarify for all customers, we refund for any future nights paid, provided guests checkout by the checkout time.

Again I apologize for any misunderstanding here.

Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

It was really hard to get to the motel. I even watched as a lady tried to climb the rocks in sandals to get to the convenience store right in front of the hotel. To drive into the motel we had to go around the backside of the hotel that was next to it then cut through the small opening to get to the Motel 6. There was construction that was blocking the enterance to the lot. The room was clean and quiet the beds were comfortable. The bathroom had some black on the wall behind the door, unsure if it was mold. We just thought it was odd that every step you took in the hotel had another camera near by. Even at the front counter 2 cameras seemed to be aimed to the key pad. I thought this was odd considering the door jam in our hotel room was broken.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and we apologize for the experience. The construction is out of our control and hopefully the city will fix this soon. We make it a point to check each room for mold or any hazard after every guest stay and be sure to fix those issues. The cameras are only there to monitor in the event of an emergency and to ensure guest and vehicle safety, we have video to show what really happened.

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

At the time of my stay, there was construction all over the place, access was a little tricky from day to day. The staff were friendly and helpful. Stay on the top floor, there was a family with teenagers that hung out in hall, so it was noisy. The website said it was smoke free but the halls and the room clearly smelled of smoke. Besides the smoke smell, the room was decent. The tv seemed kind of worn or it may have been their cable/satellite service, the picture was awful. The floors are hardwood, so make sure you have slippers! Although, we did get back to the room just as soon as the got done cleaning, there were still wet spots from mopping. Over all, the room was clean and this was a decent stay when on a budget. Oh, they also provide room service! We didn't try it but there was a menu on the dresser.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. We strive to improve our service and hope you stay with us again. Hopefully, the city will complete the construction around us soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

I had to find an affordable hotel that was close to my job during convention month and this place fit just perfect. The staff was very friendly and for the price of the room the beds are so comfortable. If you ever stop by there ask for Brad he is the best!!!!

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank Talib G
Reviewed May 29, 2017

Staff is always friendly and very helpful. I frequent the hotel for work and you can't beat the space and the price. Brad helped me last time and made sure I had everything I needed. I highly recommend them!

Room Tip: Even number rooms get the better view.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo