“Changed Rate after we checked in! Beware of Manager!”
Review of Super 8 Greeley

Super 8 Greeley
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Greeley
MINDEN
“Changed Rate after we checked in! Beware of Manager!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We had a confirmation of a rate of $55.99 and were checked in at that rate. Two hours later we were called to the front desk and were told our rate was going to be $69.99 a night. I contacted the main Super 8 number and was told they couldn't change the rate and would talk to manager. Next day she threatened to kick us out because of contacting corporate office. There were 3 other parties in our group that had confirmation numbers for reservations and they refused to give them rooms. There was a major softball tournament in town and with the forest fires, rooms were going for much higher rates and were scarce. She did kick out another family of our party as they contacted Super 8 and complained.

The rooms were old, smelled horrible from cigarette smoke. There were people smoking marijuana and drunk on our room. The back door had a shattered window and the security lock didn't work. Therefore anyone could walk in or out of the hotel anytime of the day. I didn't feel safe at anytime in this hotel especially with my teenage daughter.

Breakfast amounted to cheerios and bagels.

Manager was extremely rude and doesn't understand the American way of business. I watched her give walk ins a room at $120 a night after she told others in our party that they didn't have a room for them.

For your piece of mind do not stay here!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Softball_Mom_1979

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Revelstoke, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2012

When we got to our very average and dated room I found out the hard way that the wood furniture was still wet from having just been stained. I put my hand down on the sticky surface and got brown stain all over the palm of my hand. Additionally, the bathroom smelled like an ashtray and the comforter in our room had pubic hairs on it. I mentioned this to the lady at the front desk inquiring if it was possible to get a voucher for a stay at another Super 8 (some companies care if you have a bad experience). I was told that the hotels were independantly owned and that if I didn't like it we could pack our bags and leave with a refund at 10:30 at night. The lady at the front desk did give us a clean comforter, but her defensive attitude and belief that our experience was acceptable was mind-blowing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Revy-j

Travelers are raving about these Greeley hotels

Reviewed April 23, 2012

When I walked in the hall the smoke was oveweleming and when i approaced The front desk they laughed at us and kick us out once we complain of the smoke going into the room. Keep in mind we paid for non smoking room. The workers went outside and started smoking by the front door. This place should be closed perm. Do not waist your money.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Travelerwe
Karol J, Manager at Super 8 Greeley, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
We apologize you found very little redeeming qualities in our property and during your stay with us. I will address your comments with our staff, and entire team. Unfortunately, cooperate offices require that at least 15% of our hotel rooms are kept for smokers. We will certainly take your review into consideration for the future.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was staying at the Fairfield Inn next door for about two months on business when they couldn't renew my reservation for about a week because of the rodeo. I moved my crap next door to the Super 8. Now, this Super 8 is not the worst hotel I've stayed in, but the value was certainly poor. My room was about $75 after tax. I was paying less than this at more premium hotel chains in Greeley (although I was getting a long term rate at those other hotels). The bed was one of the worst I have slept on in a hotel. The linens were like sandpaper. Definitely killed a few ants and a spider in my room. The whole hotel smells like cigs. I don't mind that too much, but I would expect to may much less to sleep in an ashtray. I could smell my neighbors reefer drifting in through the bathroom vent. Not that I'm complaining about the reefer, but I figure I could probably smell their bowel movements too if I timed it right. The room was tiny, TV was old, recliner was old, for some reason the digital cablebox had a 5 second delay every time you tried to change a channel or access the menu. On the plus side, the internet was much faster than the the internet at the more premium Fairfield Inn next door.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ljkamler
Dover, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My family and I loved our stay here. The room was perfect for our large family and it was clean and smoke-free. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The continental breakfast was very plain (no fruit), but it fed our four kids well.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Nebraska
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I was very weary about staying here because of the reviews. maybe the management is different now but I've stayed here on at least 4 seperate occasions now and haven't had a problem. I also have two pets. They have let me check out late as well without a problem. The room is average, and it's the best price I found for a chain hotel in the area with 2 queen beds. I will stay again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Colorado
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I will never stay at this Super 8 again – the manager was the rudest lady I have ever met. After our stay we received an additional bill for $30.00 with a note accusing my daughter of taking three pillows. Please – I would have noticed my 10 year old daughter taking THREE KING SIZE PILLOWS! I called Maria, the manager. When I asked that she visit with housekeeping about the pillows, she laughed and said that her housekeeper has worked for her for 3 years and that housekeeping did not take them. I stated that I was offended that she was accusing my child. She stated that she would be sending the local police department to my front door! I do not recommend this hotel for any stay. Pay the extra money and stay at a trustworthy hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family