Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Greeley
Detroit
“WOW!”
Reviewed August 7, 2006

Where do I begin? I will bulletpoint to save time!
- Wi-Fi hardly works, I was told to reset the internet myself by walking outside my room, down the hall to unplug the router daily.
- Wall plugs spark
- Rooms are nothing special
- Internet is only wireless on the 1st floor, not all like they advertise.
- Continental breakfast was a choice of bread or dank little muffins and some cereal. OH, WAIT, but you can be joined by the flies in the "Stephens" Room while you eat!!!!!
- NOW, do you like trains? Well, you are in for a treat, the trains roll by about 50 times a night and make an extra effort to wake you as they sound the horn for the 1 car on the street. This town is mayberry for real. Just 1 hour north and half a century ago west of Denver!!!!
- Aroma you ask??? Well, treat #2. there is a meat packing plant within a mile and EVERYWHERE YOU GO SMELLS [----------]! It is HORRIBLE. I was here for business and wish that I paid the difference for a GOOD hotel. DON'T BE FOOLED!!!
- Showers are fun too, the water changes temperatures on the fly!!

Stayed July 2006
3 Thank robb2003

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed June 21, 2006

Hotel looked nice from the lobby. Room was clean, beds were OK. Staff was OK, but nothing special. What we did not know was across the parking lot were four train tracks. So starting about midnight we had the great pleasure of listening to the train go by blowing its horn. Every two hours thereafter I was reminded of the time as the horns blew when another train went by. Hotel lobby was very stuffy and they were out of ice at all three ice vending machines on every level of the hotel. I have no idea what they do at the meat plants in the evening but the smell in the air by the hotel was enough to make you sick. We were out at the far west end of town that night and there was no smell. However downtown must be close to the meat plant because when we stepped out of our car at the hotel we all just about fainted from the smell. Highly recommed you stay on the far west end of town and drive into downtown during the day. Keep away from the train tracks and the meat processing plant.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank cobaltshadow

Travelers are raving about these Greeley hotels

Colo Mtns
Reviewed January 13, 2006

We booked this hotel to make our overnight trip easier and fun for the kids, from our home 50 miles away. (Had to be in Greeley for an event Sat night and early Sunday).

We chose this one because it has a pool, and that we could get adjoining rooms, as well as being a few blocks from Island Grove Park.

What we know now is that the pool is SOLAR HEATED, and when we checked in, the clerk suggested we test the water temp before we dove in because it might be pretty cold after dark. We also know that the train goes slowly by with the horn blaring every few hours. To ice the cake, when my wife and children were returning to our room after dinner, she ran into a maintenance man letting 2 young people into our room, to 'look for a sweater' that the lady said she had left a COUPLE OF NIGHTS ago.

I did call the front desk, and was assured that letting the guests into our room was their oversight, that they had JUST checked out and were supposed to be looking into a different room.

Sounds fishy enough, combined with some rough circumstances that our family will not be back to stay here again, and will recommend others to look somewhere else. It was a roof over our heads, with heat, but nothing more. We could have done much better.

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank epflyer
Granby, CO
Reviewed September 11, 2005

The airconditioning was out in the main hotel area when it was 100 degrees in July. We found out that it had been out for an entire week. The rooms are small and dark, but were pretty clean. The continental breakfast isn't worth mentioning. The plates were dirty, presentation was messy, and didn't look appealing at all. We opted to go out for breakfast. The restaurant is also unimpressive. The seats were torn (all of them) and carpet is dirty.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank lolaarc
Parker , CO
Reviewed August 22, 2004

I stayed at the Best Western for 2 Nights Aug 13th & 14th. Check in was difficult as I had made 2 separate one night reservations and no matter how I tried to explain it I could tell the desk clerk did not understand me. I had a dog with me as I was attending the dog show in Greeley that weekend on Friday night there was a large family reunion a wedding and the dog show all staying at the hotel. One elevator was also not working. To say things were hectic is an understatement. I ate at the hotel restaurant that night with a friend it was not busy and the food and service showed other people were wiser than us!

Sure enough come Saturday my room key did not work as they only had me down for one night. A trip back down to the desk with my dog got the problem solved in about 15 minutes as the staff did not know how to use the computer system. Come Sunday I check out and found that they had charged me for 2 dogs for one night. I explained the bill was not correct and the Manager asked if I had booked online I said yes thru Orbitz and she gave that “this stuff never works right look"

After going over the bill it turned out the bill was 5 bucks less than it should have been. I knew it was wrong but didn’t not know how far off it was. The manager said it was not worth her time to correct the bill and charge me 5 bucks more. I said fine just wanted to pay the correct amount owed.

Would not recommend the hotel due t the poor training of the staff, the inability to handle online reservations and the risk of having the hotel be a madhouse due to booking too many events at one time! Pick another hotel in Greeley I will be!

• Stayed August 2004
3 Thank komondor
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 10, 2004

we booked this poalce because breakfast came
with room - I did not want to be near railroad trakcs and the Greely smell

bu on sunday trying to find place to eat is hard
so included breakfast was the deal

checked the night before on its hours

we went down before its was closed

but it was closed!
becasue they wanted to set up their expensive sunday brunch

the desk clerk was incompetant and rude
offered nothing.

I woudl never stay there again.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 24, 2003

I stayed here three nights and had a fine time. The rooms were cleaned up nicely despite the mess my sister and her two young kids made every day. The restaurant was great, the free breakfast was substantial. The handicap room is even near a door unlike some places I stayed at recently. The only thing I can say bad about the place is that the pool was much too cold. Oh yes it is near the train tracks but all of Greeley is.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member