“Not a great experience”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Greeley
Granby, CO
“Not a great experience”
Reviewed September 11, 2005

The airconditioning was out in the main hotel area when it was 100 degrees in July. We found out that it had been out for an entire week. The rooms are small and dark, but were pretty clean. The continental breakfast isn't worth mentioning. The plates were dirty, presentation was messy, and didn't look appealing at all. We opted to go out for breakfast. The restaurant is also unimpressive. The seats were torn (all of them) and carpet is dirty.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank lolaarc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Parker , CO
Reviewed August 22, 2004

I stayed at the Best Western for 2 Nights Aug 13th & 14th. Check in was difficult as I had made 2 separate one night reservations and no matter how I tried to explain it I could tell the desk clerk did not understand me. I had a dog with me as I was attending the dog show in Greeley that weekend on Friday night there was a large family reunion a wedding and the dog show all staying at the hotel. One elevator was also not working. To say things were hectic is an understatement. I ate at the hotel restaurant that night with a friend it was not busy and the food and service showed other people were wiser than us!

Sure enough come Saturday my room key did not work as they only had me down for one night. A trip back down to the desk with my dog got the problem solved in about 15 minutes as the staff did not know how to use the computer system. Come Sunday I check out and found that they had charged me for 2 dogs for one night. I explained the bill was not correct and the Manager asked if I had booked online I said yes thru Orbitz and she gave that “this stuff never works right look"

After going over the bill it turned out the bill was 5 bucks less than it should have been. I knew it was wrong but didn’t not know how far off it was. The manager said it was not worth her time to correct the bill and charge me 5 bucks more. I said fine just wanted to pay the correct amount owed.

Would not recommend the hotel due t the poor training of the staff, the inability to handle online reservations and the risk of having the hotel be a madhouse due to booking too many events at one time! Pick another hotel in Greeley I will be!

• Stayed August 2004
3 Thank komondor

Travelers are raving about these Greeley hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 10, 2004

we booked this poalce because breakfast came
with room - I did not want to be near railroad trakcs and the Greely smell

bu on sunday trying to find place to eat is hard
so included breakfast was the deal

checked the night before on its hours

we went down before its was closed

but it was closed!
becasue they wanted to set up their expensive sunday brunch

the desk clerk was incompetant and rude
offered nothing.

I woudl never stay there again.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 24, 2003

I stayed here three nights and had a fine time. The rooms were cleaned up nicely despite the mess my sister and her two young kids made every day. The restaurant was great, the free breakfast was substantial. The handicap room is even near a door unlike some places I stayed at recently. The only thing I can say bad about the place is that the pool was much too cold. Oh yes it is near the train tracks but all of Greeley is.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member