“Dirty and Dated” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Greeley
Denver, Colorado
“Dirty and Dated”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

I booked a room for one night and I should have cancelled as soon as I saw what I got for the money that spent. This place needs a total overhaul. It felt dirty from the minute that you pull into the parking lot. The outside was unkept with weeds everywhere, broken glass on the entrance door, no air conditioning in the hallways. The rooms felt dirty and everything was old. The rooms had a musty smell to them that was very unpleasant. It needed new everything. I paid way too much and felt like I really got ripped off. They really should just close this place down. Don't waste your money.

Room Tip: Just stay away
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Magnolia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Our softball team had no choice but to stay here for the most undesribable (in a bad way) time ever. Think about staying for 8 nights with the following: bed bugs, cold morning showers, trains blaring their horns several times during the night/early morning hours, drunks walking the halls, stale cigarette smells on the non-smoking floors, personal property/vehicles being vandalized/broken into, rooms not being cleaned, a/c units not working, bath tubs leaking, no change in the hotel or bar for the in house laundry, tatted up boyfriends of the hotel employees acting as custodians-security-lawn maintenace and what ever else plus being over charged for rooms, only to name a few! And to top it off, the general manager only says i'm sorry with a smile. There is no communication and no control by management in this place. If I lived in Greeley, I would push for this place to be closed - it gives a bad experience to those who are looking for a good one in a semmingly nice town.

Room Tip: Nothing would help choose a good room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Greeley hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

my family was there for 3 nights for business. of course the train blasting its horn all day and night. dirty carpets. to top it off all our stuff got soaked because of a leaky sprinkler on the other side of the stairwell. now on our last day there they were putting in 140 42" flat screen tvs in all the rooms. if they can afford that then they can afford to steam clean the carpets once a month.

• Stayed July 2012
Keller, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is a tough one.
We were on first floor overlooking the pool which was quiet at 10 pm. We reserved 3 nights and cancelled nights 2 and 3. I just didn't like the dried up urine splashes in front of the toilet. When you have little boys you know what pee is. We lined the floor with towels. And then there was the pubic hair on the soap shelf.
The parking lot--want to get your car scratched?

Room Tip: Find something else on the highway.
Aurora, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

There was very little positive about my experience with this hotel. The hallways (even those with non-smoking rooms) stank of smoke, the room's a/c put out a chemical deodorizer type smell that resulted in me getting a migraine headache. I had to shut off the a/c and open the window for over 12 hours to get the terrible smell out of the room. Since turning on the a/c resulted in the room being pumped with the chemical smell, I requested a fan and kept the window (which had no screen) open for the entire two days of my stay. I was glad I was on the 3rd floor where I could leave the window open and know that no one could climb into my room. As if this were not bad enough, there is a train across the street, and trains ran pretty much hourly throughout the evening and night (I was away during the day). Every time the train passed, it blew its whistle numerous times. And, to top it off, this stay was supposed to be covered by ChoicePrivileges points. I addressed this with the clerk who checked me in; she did some clicking on the computer and told me "ok." Come to find out, I have been charged for the two terrible nights in this hotel. I am currently contesting the charges--which by the way after spending over an hour on the phone with the ChoicePrivileges manager, I was told that they would do nothing about it and I had to address it with the hotel; this after the hotel telling me to call ChoicePrivileges! My daughter will be a student at the college in Greeley this fall, and I will be sure to tell EVERY parent with whom I speak to NEVER stay at this hotel. They would be more comfortable sleeping on the floor of a dorm room. My other daughter plays volleyball and participates in a tournament in Greeley every winter (Showdown); I also plan to tell every parent involved with the volleyball program and tournament to NEVER stay at this Clarion.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel. A dorm room floor would offer a better night's sleep.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Our non-smoking room reeked of stale smoke. Stains on bedspread and carpet. Train passed directly behind hotel five times during the night, blaring its horn each time, and waking us each time. Then at 4:00 a.m. our room phone rang with a wake-up call we did not request nor want. Generally the hotel is dirty. We will NEVER stay there again, it is shoddy at best.

• Stayed July 2012
Milton, Iowa, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed in the most ash tray smelling NON smoking room that you can imagine. The shower water temperature was VERY inconsistent and the shower curtain was about a foot too short. The room had been partially remodeled and finished very poorly. We reserved in advance after seeing their ad in a travel guide we picked up at a visitors center when we first entered Colorado. We were able to get the room for half price using the special in the ad. I guess you get what you pay for.