“Beware”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greeley
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Greeley
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I called the Hampton Inn in Greeley Colorado and booked a room for 1 night using my Hilton Honors Card to make the reservation. I checked in less than 1 hour later. Upon checkout the following morning I commented to the person at the check in/out desk about the high price of rooms there. Her comment was that this particular Hamton Inn had the highest occupancy rate ( 95 % ) in the entire state of Colorado so rooms were higher priced. I had recently stayed in a Hampton Inn in the Garden District of New Orleans and it was signifigantly nicer than this one at $20.00 less per night. Before leaving I asked if I got my points for the stay and found out they forgot to credit the points to my account. The points were added and we left expecting no further issues. 2 weeks later i checked my bank statement and found I had been charged for 2 rooms, 1 at the AAA price of $170.00 and 1 at a price of $208.00. I called at once and the desk persons first question was, did you have other people In your party? After going back and forth I was told that I must have been charged for not showing up for the room I had originally booked. A no show if you will. Several days later the second room was credited back. This bad experience at this Hampton Inn will not stop me from staying at a Hampton Inn again but I would not stay at that one, period.

• Stayed: July 2013
Casey L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greeley, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

It sounds like your stay with us here at the Greeley Hampton Inn & Suties was an unusually complicated one and I would like to extend my most sincerest apologies for any inconvenience. As an explanation for the rates, the oil and gas industry does drive our occupancy higher than what you would normally see in other locations, including New Orleans, which transcends into our rooms rates. Even the lowest end hotels in Greeley are going to sell for well over $100 a night for most occasions. As far as your hilton honors points are concerned, you have the option to set your default to recieve your points or your complimentary snack and drink so again, I am sorry for the confusion. Lastly, we do have a 24-hour cancellation policy that requires you to inform us if you do not need a room that had been previously reserved. The last thing we would want to do is let a room go that you ultimately needed. With all of this aside, I am truly sorry for your experience with us. I do hope that you change your mind about staying with us and give us the opportunity to change your opinion.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here while visiting some relatives as Hampton Inns are our favorite hotel chain. Hotel is fairly new or renovated and decor was not to our liking. Room was spacious, but the bed was uncomfortable - very soft.
The most disappointing was the front desk staff. At night, the "kids" on duty did not know the town well and could not make recommendations or suggestions except for what was within sight of the hotel (very little). We relied on Google and our GPS to find what we wanted.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Greeley Hampton Inn & Suites. Your feedback is very important to us as guest satisfaction is our number one priority. Our hotel generally receives compliments on the helpfulness of our friendly staff so I greatly apologize for any inconvenience. On your next trip to Greeley I hope you allow us to reconcile your opinion of our hotel.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Very nice hotel, great staff, everything was clean, beds and furniture very comfortable rooms. Great location, easy to get to. Nice continental breakfast - good variety of food. Will stay there next time I'm in Greeley!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Casey L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greeley, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

We are so glad to hear about your satisfaction with our Hampton Inn & Suites here in Greeley, CO. Thank you for your compliments! We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was one of the best hotels we have EVER stayed in for a chain hotel! We arrived in Greeley on the eve of the big bike race that was going near Estes Park and Loveland, and the hotels near Greeley were also busy due to the race. We did not have a reservation, but we arrived at Hampton Inn to try to get a room. The front desk staff was very friendly and we got a deal on a suite, which was one of the last remaining rooms Hampton Inn had left. The front desk clerk even gave us a choice of levels for our room. We chose a suite on the 2nd floor, as we like being higher than the 1st floor since main levels tend to get noisy. What a great choice! We were far down to one side on the 2nd floor and it was very quiet and peaceful--away from the elevator and vending machine noise. The room and property in general was immaculate. It is obvious that this hotel is very well taken care of. The suite was roomy and comfortable. How nice to enjoy a near luxurious suite for one night! The indoor pool was refreshing after a long day on the road. The hot tub was very comfortable. It was warm but not so hot that it was unbearable to sit in for more than a few minutes. Breakfast was wonderful, too. Everything at this hotel was exceptional and we will definitely be back if in the area. Hampton Inn seems to be a chain that never disappoints.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Wow! Thank you so much for your generous compliments! It is great to hear that our guests had a pleasant stay with our Hampton Inn & Suites- Greeley. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we look forward to seeing you when you return! Thank you again!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I checked into this hotel in July 2013 and was pleased from the get go. The front desk clerk was polite, welcoming and helpful. Our suite was very clean and orderly...No question they had a stellar cleaning crew. The suite setup was really nice and the desk area was very convenient for two of us to be working simultaneously on laptops.

The lobby was well kept and well stocked with beverages to go.

Without a doubt, if I'm ever in Greeley again I will be staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Casey L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greeley, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thank you so much for all of your compliments. Cleanliness and helpfulness of staff are two huge priorities of ours here at the Greeley Hampton Inn & suites and even more importantly, is your satisfaction! We can't wait to see you when you come back to Greeley! Thank you again!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Excellent place to stay on our trip to bring our daughter to UNCO. Staff was very helpful and courteous. Cookies on arrival were yummy! Location and service were fantastic! Many dining locations and shopping options nearby. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so glad that you chose to stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites-Greeley, CO. It is always nice to hear about pleased guests and the convenience of their stays! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Greeley to visit your daughter! Thank you again.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff await your arrival. This hotel offers a clean, comfortable and quiet place to stay with competitive features including breakfast in the morning and internet access. I would recommend this hotel to business and family travelers alike.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Having helpful and friendly staff is very important to us and I am proud to hear that you were comfortable while staying with us here at the Greeley Hampton Inn & Suties! Thank you so much for your compliments and feedback.