“Ice cream stop!”

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Ice cream stop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

It had been several years since my last JB's ice cream come due to the fact I live in MN. As a rare treat my Dad took me by for a quick cone and I was pleasantly surprised to find there just as good as they always have been!

greeley, CO
“A Greeley institution”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

After going by this old fashioned drive in for 5 years, we decided to try it recently. I had the double hamburger, plain with catsup only. They got the order right. My son had the fish basket. He thought the fish was good (certainly better than Long John Silvers which is nearby). The salad and toast were fine. The fries were only average.

The next day we went for lunch. I had two corndogs which were fine. They were fairly large - one would have been enough. My son had the double cheeseburger which he liked, but deemed it not as good as a McDonald's quarter pounder. That might just be because he is so used to the McDonald's fare. The burger was served very hot. We also had waffle fries that were typical, nothing special.

We had their homemade root beer which was very good. Not as fizzy as many commercial brands, more creamy. They serve it without ice so the large size was more than enough.

Service is friendly. I believe I read in a newspaper article that they raise their own beef for the restaurant in nearby Kersey, but there is nothing on the website or menu to indicate if this is the case.

• Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well preserved drive-in/dine-in that kept is nostalgic look and feel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Went to JB's for the first time today. It was a good experience and worthy of another visit in the future. My wife ordered the Chicken Tenders Basket, which came with fries, toast, and pickles. The serving portion was adequate for a light eater. I ordered the Double Cheeseburger (works style which comes with ketchup, pickles, and onions), but I substituted the ketchup with mustard. The food was average, nothing spectacular or out of this world. The prices were a tad higher than what I would have expected to pay for the amount of food we got but, it was fun and the staff was attentive. After our meal, we decided to have dessert. My wife got a hot fudge sundae and I had a Heath flurry. The desserts cost us $8.30 the meal cost us another $13.65 plus I have the server the change of $1.45. So, for roughly $23.30 we got average food and small desserts, but enjoyed being a part of an iconic landmark establishment for a short while.

Is this a place that we will return to again in the future? YES

Is this a place that we will come to on a regular basis? Probably Not

Would we recommend this place to friends who are visiting? Probably So

• Visited August 2013
Greeley, Colorado
“A Greeley Tradition”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

JB's Drive-In has been around for many years and is a tradition in Greeley. The food is pretty darn good for fast food. You can sit outside in your car and let the car hop bring the food out or they have inside air conditioned dining as well. It's nothing fancy but it's just like it was 50 years ago ~ and that's what is so cool about it. In fact, I don't believe the menu has changed since I've lived here (nearly 40 years)! Their chicken is great, the fish special is good, their pies are good, their root beer is the best I've ever had. They have tiny little root beer mugs for little kids. If you remember the drive-ins of years ago, you will enjoy being at JB's. They have recently added Wifi for you folks that can't be without it!

• Visited July 2013
“Best chicken ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We eat here all the time. Can't go Wrong with the chicken it is so good. My family has been coming here for years.

Visited April 2013

Been to J B's? Share your experiences!