“Steak Burritos and Margs”

Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 239 Restaurants in Greeley
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We love the smothered steak burritos and the margaritas. The staff is always pleasant and responsive. Other bonuses, Pacifico on tap and and a wonderful patio.

Peter O, Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you for your kind words Next time you are here please ask for me by name, I love meeting our guests face to face. See next time Peter.

There are newer reviews for Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Really my title says it all - this is the best thing on the menu. Service is sketchy at times just depends on the day. Outdoor patio is nice - good chips and salsa and margaritas

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I was excited for some authentic Mexican food, I was starving. I ordered the queso... it was like congealed Velveeta, and cold at that. The chips were good... The steak fajitas were good too, nice smoky grill flavor. Tortillas were authentic. But the side of rice and beans? God no. The "rice" had peas in it... what? No flavor either. The black beans seemed to taste right out of a can. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd feel better. Like I wasn't cheated out of my hard earned money.

The next day I visited 3 Margaritas restaurant. Definitely much better! The only thing I will be choosing Rio Grande for in the future, will be for margaritas ONLY.

2  Thank Fluffandguff
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Lost their liquor license due to serving under-aged patrons. Chips are good but food is not very good - and the service is non existent

Peter O, General Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

My name is Peter Osterfelt. I am the new General Manager here at the Rio. I would love to have you come in and give us a try. Sounds like you haven't been in awhile. Our Margarita's are still deliciously refreshing and addictive; as well as our Queso Del Mar, Steak Burrito, and our new Coconut Flan or Chocolate Creme Brulee with a hint of Ancho Chile. Please ask for me by name.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

You don't come here for the food or service. The food only tastes good if you are buzzed. They take forever to seat you, so I'll go the bar and order a marg. By the time you get seated you are now on marg 2. When you get your food, you are now pretty buzzed so the food is yummy lol
The waiters take forever to help you too. Great patio for the summer though!
I ONLY come here maybe every few months. Go to Paliminos OR Coyotees instead!!

Peter O, General Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Valerie,
Thank you for writing a review of our restaurant. I am sorry we did not satisfy you in the realm of our food. We take great pride in not only our Margarita's but our food as well. Our food is locally sourced, fresh and wholesome. Here at the Rio we do not use any food that has been treated with hormones or antibiotic's of any kind. We run a scratch kitchen and all of our sauces, beans, rice even the flour tortillas are made no less than twice a day. I would love to meet you in person and give you a tour of the menu. I believe our Beef fajitas, Queso Del Mar (with real snow crab and black tiger shrimp), and along with our new Coconut Flan is to die for.
Please ask for me on your next visit,sincerely Peter.