“Just was not impressed”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I eat lunch at several of the resturants in the downtown Greeley area and this is my least favorite. The location and parking is great, and service was excellent. The food itself was just not appealing. I have had a very bland enchilada platter and an even more tasteless Burrito. Itwas also kinda of expensive for a lunch meal as well. Have not been there for drinks, but they were recommended by others. For lunch I go elsewhere.

1  Thank Dave B
RioGrandeMexican, General Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Hi Dave. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to provide our customers with wholesome meals that are made daily from scratch using the freshest of ingredients. It is upsetting to hear that your meals were not to your satisfaction. We continuously take particular care to ensure our food is to our customers' liking. We would love to welcome you back at the Rio in an effort to provide you with a meal that is much more to your liking. Next time you stop by feel free to ask for me by name so that I can ensure an excellent visit.

Shannon Hayhurst, General Manager, Greeley Rio Grande.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were taken to this restaurant by our grand daughter who is a student at the university. The location is right down town with no trouble finding a parking place. The wait service was excellent and we probably lingered longer than most diners. Ordered the Tortilla Soup which was very good, an Enchilada Chicken dinner and Tostada Guacamole. All were excellent. The Tostada was very fresh and very large. Service was excellent for our table. The place was packed at this lunch time. Parking is on the street. Prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We go often - for great food, great ambiance and great margaritas. The patio is a perfect setting for summer dining - especially on Friday & Saturday nights when there is usually a band playing on the plaza!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

When Rio Grande left Florida in the early 00's I was so hurt, so imagine my surprise traveling on business to see they are still going strong! The margaritas are still on point and will make you tipsy after one. The food was great! My only issue was the amount of flies everywhere. I was thoroughly disgusted that I had to keep pushing them away and I was eating INSIDE! Cleanliness is numero uno and the flies didn't help that concept. The free wifi was great. Please get rid of the flies, that's gross!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Downtown Greeley comes and goes but the Rio is a consistent and worthy resident. Good Tex-Mex food, big portions, some solid vegetarian offerings, and the margaritas are great. Sitting outside on the large, covered patio with a drink in hand makes summer in Greeley worth it. Friendly service, too. The only reason I give it a 4 and not a 5 is that it is what I call Anglo Mexican and I prefer more classical Mexican.