“Neat Mexican Restaurant in downtown”

Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 245 Restaurants in Greeley
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were taken to this restaurant by our grand daughter who is a student at the university. The location is right down town with no trouble finding a parking place. The wait service was excellent and we probably lingered longer than most diners. Ordered the Tortilla Soup which was very good, an Enchilada Chicken dinner and Tostada Guacamole. All were excellent. The Tostada was very fresh and very large. Service was excellent for our table. The place was packed at this lunch time. Parking is on the street. Prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We go often - for great food, great ambiance and great margaritas. The patio is a perfect setting for summer dining - especially on Friday & Saturday nights when there is usually a band playing on the plaza!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

When Rio Grande left Florida in the early 00's I was so hurt, so imagine my surprise traveling on business to see they are still going strong! The margaritas are still on point and will make you tipsy after one. The food was great! My only issue was the amount of flies everywhere. I was thoroughly disgusted that I had to keep pushing them away and I was eating INSIDE! Cleanliness is numero uno and the flies didn't help that concept. The free wifi was great. Please get rid of the flies, that's gross!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Downtown Greeley comes and goes but the Rio is a consistent and worthy resident. Good Tex-Mex food, big portions, some solid vegetarian offerings, and the margaritas are great. Sitting outside on the large, covered patio with a drink in hand makes summer in Greeley worth it. Friendly service, too. The only reason I give it a 4 and not a 5 is that it is what I call Anglo Mexican and I prefer more classical Mexican.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Awesome margaritas and good food! Wonderful patio is terrific in nice weather and great for people watching! Chips and salsa are yummy and anything with their steak is delicious! Service can be a little slow sometimes but wait staff is always friendly and atmosphere is always fun!