“Not up to par with other Cattlemen's steakhouse”

Cattlemen's Steak House
Ranked #68 of 236 Restaurants in Greeley
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Denver, Colorado
“Not up to par with other Cattlemen's steakhouse”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

I was hoping to get a taste that can differentiate local with other national chain. Well, I was very disappointed. We ordered the Primerib. Rib was served cool, not hot. Au jus taste was bland. The salad bar was OK. Minestrone soup was good.

Very very disappointed in the food for my first visit.

Visited April 2012

Colorado
“"best steak I have tasted in a LONG time"-husband”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

As a vegetarian it was a hard task to find a good steakhouse for my visiting father-in-laws birthday. I asked a blogger friend in Fort Collins and she said "there aren't any!", so I turned to Greeley, Colorado which is about the same distance from our house. This IS an old fashioned sort of steakhouse. The decor is very "cowboy" which is fine sine Greeley is a "Cow Town"! A little too dark on the lighting. Seemed clean, but hard to tell with the lighting. Everyone at our 8 party table was RAVING about their steaks! As the vegetarian I had the salad bar. It was not too extensive but all the ingredients were fresh. It wasn't the best salad bar I have had, but way better than some others. It included,mushrooms,broccoli,tomato,garbanzo beans, sliced beets,a bland pasta salad, parmesan cheese, green pepper,olives, croutons,sunflower seeds, rolls, soup (vegetable BEEF though) and some other veggies I can't recall. the 8.95 salad/soup bar was a bit much, since I didn't have the soup, but a pretty good price for All you can Eat. The steaks were averaged priced, $18-$24 depending on the cut. They had a petite filet and a larger filet. (I only remember that because when I WAS a meat-eater, petite filet is what I would order. son-in-law is a major Carnivore and he loved his steak!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank ak_kimby
Arvada, Colorado
“great old-fashioned steakhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stumbled upon this place about twelve years ago and could never locate it again until very recently. I remember the 1970s-like atmosphere and good simple food. Fortunately for me, the place still exists and nothing has changed.

The entrees include their basic salad bar and potato or vegetable. The salad bar was fresh and included bread, vegetable beef soup and artificial bacon bits. I had the baby back ribs with baked potato. The ribs were slathered in a peculiar sauce (looked like Heinz 57?) and the potato was topped with cheese and more artificial bacon bits. I was amused by this and it decided that it added to the restaurant's character. She had the rib eye with sweet (potato) fries and said it was cooked perfectly.

This place is a great break from the chain restaurants and more expensive steakhouses.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank erthxplorr
Umea, Sweden
“Keeps what it promisses”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

Good food, including a fresh soup and salad bar. It is definitely worth the money.

• Visited January 2012
ejlee
“We love Cattleman's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2011

This is the best place in Greeley to get a steak. We have never been disappointed. Steaks are always cooked right. There is always good service.

• Visited February 2011