“Best Place to Stay in Greeley”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Greeley
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Greeley
San Clemente, California
“Best Place to Stay in Greeley”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

A first rate staff make this hotel the best place to stay in Greeley. It was the only hotel in town
that was willing to accommodate three big guys with three separate beds (a king, a sofa, and a rollaway). The internet in the lobby worked great and the staff assisted us three luddites in
buying and selling tickets on Stub Hub. The lobby was of moderate size but was well laid out
and was attractive. Breakfast was good and handled efficiently if a bit crowded by the presence of the well-behaved college football team from Colorado-Pueblo. All in all it was a fine experience.

Room Tip: We had the junior suite and it worked fine.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
jstaple1986, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Greeley, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Value guest,

My name is John Stapleton, General Manager of the Country Inn & Suites, Greeley, CO. Thank you for taking the time to review the Country Inn & Suites. I very pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon upon your next visit to Greeley, CO.

Country Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The entire staff is very friendly, helpful, efficient, and courteous. This is a great place to stay in Greeley. It's convenient to highways 85 or 34, but not too close to either of them. Breakfast in the morning is great, and so are the cookies and lemonade in the afternoon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Value guest,

Country Inn & Suites
Cape Neddick, Maine
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had advance reservations because the hotel is pet friendly. Also because it claims to be 100% smoke free. We arrived and checked in, went to our first floor room, and were greeted by a strong, and I mean strong, cigarette smell. We turned 180 degrees and went back to the desk. The young lady told us she would have the room sprayed with FEBREEZE. Unacceptable. So she went to the manager on duty and they both came back and he told us he would have the room sprayed with FEBREEZE!! I told him that only masks the odor and we would be breathing cigarette toxins as well as Febreeze. I asked what will happen to the last visitor who smoked in the room and I was told they would be fined. I asked why the housekeeper had not reported the smoke immediately. No answer. The hotel was sold out, we had been told twice, but we were put in another room anyway. We assumed the next person in would get the Febreezed room. Putting Febreeze in to mask cigarette toxin is unacceptable. Its also dishonest.

.So in our new room which was a 2 room suite upstairs on a 90 degree day, we turned on the only a.c. which was in the bedroom. The living room was very hot, so we switched on a wall fan. This thing started up with a roar so loud we could not hear the tv. It sounded like an airplane. We gave up. The next morning at checkout we told the new young lady at the counter and she simply laighed it off as a "glitch" and told us some rooms are being renovated. This sloppiness might be expected in a $39.99 room, but they charge far more than that.

Smoke free property only means inside the building...maybe. We tried to sit out on the porch in their porch furniture but the smokers out there made it impossible. The smoke also came into the entry way.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
jstaple1986, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Greeley, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Value Guests,
Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor, my name is John Stapleton, General Manager of the Country Inn & Suites. I would like to apologize for checking you into a non-smoking room that smelled of smoked and for the AC unit that was not working correctly in the second room. I am working with my housekeeping and engineering team to correct both of these issues. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at the hotel, my phone number is 970-330-3404. Again thank you for the review, and choosing to stay with the Country Inn & Suite during your visit to the Greeley area.

Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I just returned from a 9-day stay at Country Inn & Suites in Greeley, CO. From the moment we arrived until our departure, it was a wonderful stay! Cheyenne and Joy at the front desk were especially helpful. Anything we needed or had question about, we just asked those two. They had answers for everything!

Country Inn is very, very dog friendly. My group was attending The Australian Shepherd Club of America National Specialty Dog Show. The hotel was 75% occupied by people with Australian shepherds. I would estimate there were 150!! Everything was done to assure our stay with dogs was pleasant. There was a special large area of grass that they assured us had not been treated with any chemicals or fertilizer. Poop bags were available in may places, as well as a place to dispose of the bags. Our dogs were welcome anywhere in the hotel except the breakfast area and the pool.

Many of the dogs staying at the hotel were very successful in the dog show. Somehow, the employees at the hotel found out which dogs had won what awards, and they would post the dogs' names and awards in a display case by the front desk. The even cut out pictures of Australian shepherds, put them in the display case and put our dogs' names in big cut out gold stars! This wonderful sight welcomed us a the end of each long day. They knew our dogs and would greet them by name as we left each morning and returned each evening.

Our rooms were large and extremely comfortable. Each room had a microwave and refrigerator. All rooms had free Wi-Fi. The towels were fluffy and the beds were wonderful. I'm sure with all of the dogs a the hotel, the housekeeping staff were overworked, but at the end of each day our rooms perfectly clean and ready for our return. Each morning, we would meet for a full, delicious breakfast downstairs. Excellent!

Would I stay at Country Inn & Suites, Greeley, CO, again? You bet I would. My stay at this hotel might be the best ever. If you are ever in Greeley, stay at this great hotel. Tell them Garfield sent you!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank surfwid
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Country Inn & Suites Greeley, CO. My name is John Stapleton, General Manager and I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay in the Greeley area and thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites when visiting the Greeley area.

Sac City, Iowa
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here last Easter & enjoyed our stay then, therefore it was an easy choice again. Called on the drive across Nebraska to make reservations. We stayed in the room across the hall from our last stay! Nice & clean rooms. The whole motel is nice. We enjoy the free breakfast with plenty of choices hot & cold. Friendly staff. Too bad there is no exercise room on the premises. The front desk does offer a pass to a local exercise center, but it was raining so it would have been nice to just stay @ the motel.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor is nice. You can use the elevator or walk up the short flight of steps from the front...
Dear Cathy,

Thank you for reviewing the Country Inn & Suites Greeley on Trip Advisor. My name is John Stapleton, General Manager and I am happy to hear your enjoyed your stay at the hotel and thank you for choosing to stay with us again during your visit to the Greeley area.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My family and I were stranded in Greeley during the flood on 9/13/13. I reserved a room here via Kayak, and showed up about 20 minutes later. I was told that they didn't have my reservations and that all their rooms were spoken for.

That was fine - the floods were causing lots of hotels to book out and I understood. I left and got a room at the neighboring Candlewood Suites instead. When I emailed Kayak about a refund, I got a response that Joy, the front desk manager, had denied my refund because I canceled my reservation on the day of arrival.

Not only had I never canceled my reservation, I had been refused a room after the hotel booked it. I wasn't upset with the lack of a room, but I am absolutely LIVID that she is denying me a refund for a room THEY DIDN'T HAVE AVAILABLE.

Terrible, terrible service. I have stayed at this hotel before with mediocre results, but I will never be staying at a Country Inn and Suites ever again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
jstaple1986, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Greeley, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Mr. Hardy,

My name is John Stapleton, General Manager of the Country Inn & Suites Greeley, CO. I would like to first offer my deepest sympathies to you and your family during your time of need with the recent floods. I'm sorry we did not have your room and would like to discuss fully compensating you for not having a room available. Can you please call me back at the hotel my number is 970-330-3404.

LITTLETON
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We booked this room in advance for the F&F weekend at UNC following the reviews found on Tripadvisor. Unfortunately we did not find the same level of quality as most people had noted in their reviews. Our room was dirty trash left in the trash can and on the floor. Strands of hair on several surfaces as well as a dirty smell overall in the room. The bathroom was also a bit grungy. We complained at the front desk yet the hotel was sold out and there was nothing they could do. We even tried to find a different location but had no luck due to F&F weekend at UNC. I did call the hotel after returning home and voiced my concern. The front desk stated that they were sorry and that she would put a 10% discount on my credit card. It didn't make the stay better but at least they tried to fix it. Hopefully this was a hiccup and not the way this hotel is now operating?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
jstaple1986, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Greeley, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear value guest,
My name is John; I am the General Manager of the Country Inn & Suites. I would like to apologize for the condition you found your room upon check in. I have brought your concerns to the attention of my housekeeping manager, and we are working with our staff on correcting these items in the future. Thank you for your feedback and if you have any questions for concerns please feel free to contact me at the hotel.