“Traditional Vietnamese”
Review of Pho Duy

Pho Duy
Ranked #40 of 247 Restaurants in Greeley
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: This is not the same Pho Duy as the similarly named one in Fort Collins, CO. Different ownership, different menu.
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Pho is a traditional Vietnamese beef noodle soup. The spiced broth takes hours to simmer and prepare. The beef (my favorite) is sliced very thin and put in at the last minute before serving. The hot broth cooks the beef. I've eaten Pho at many Pho shops. Pho Duy's is as good as it gets. I doubt if a street vendor in Saigon could make it any better. My wife and I have been there many times. This is a university town and I usually see some of the asian students eating lunch or dinner there. That's a testament to the authenticity. As far as quantity, Most people couldn't finish the large bowl. I barely make it through the medium size. My wife never orders more than the small bowl.

1  Thank JPerryE

Reviewed April 8, 2011

Small portions of everything. Not very flavorful. A disappointment.

1  Thank JPWindate
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I'm a big eater and wouldn't of dreamt of going to a "soup" restaurant to eat, but my wife wanted to try it so I took her there. After you order your drinks, they sit a plate full of fresh basil, bean sprouts and sliced jalapenoes and limes on your table and you wonder what to do with it. You order your Pho (the shrimp is awesome) and they bring you a big bowl of steaming hot broth with rice noodles and whatever meat you ordered. You squeeze in some lime, add some sprouts, peppers and basil from the plate they brought you earlier, a little squirt of hot sauce or fish sauce (or both) and enjoy. It all combines into a very complex and interesting flavor. It is very good and my wife and I love it because you can "pig out" and not feel as bad as if you were downing a big ol' cheeseburger of something. I always get the large bowl, which is huge, eat my fill and take the rest home to enjoy later! I love the Pho but they also have delicious egg rolls and other menu items. You really should try this place at least once, it's great.
Interestingly, we talked to the owner who told us that Pho duy is pronounced "fuh zoo e", go figure.

1  Thank bigfoodluver
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I have very little to compare Pho Duy to in terms of vietnamese cuisine, so that being said:

I really like their soup dishes. They come in 3 sizes (really 4 if you have a child along) and are priced from about $5.50-$8. The large is just that LARGE and can most definitely fill up the men at your table.

All are made with a beef broth and you have your choice of the meat(s) you like to have with them. They bring you a plate of veggies (bean sprouts, jalapenos, mint & other..) that you can put into your bowl of broth/meat/noodles to flavor to your liking. It's piping hot and delicious.

I didn't think it would be kid friendly, but my son (2.5yrs old) LOVES the noodles (with sticks aka chop sticks) and the meatballs.

They have added other rice/noodle dishes and I found the combo meat (grilled) with vermicelli noodles to be a little bit boring.

My MOST favorite thing are the spring rolls, which are fantastic!

If you are in the mood for something different, give it a shot, especially nice on a cool night & it's inexpensive. Note: Not very vegetarian friendly has most dishes have meat or beef broth.

I'm not sure if they have a full bar, but they definitely serve beer and wine and it's inexpensive. Approx $1.50 for a mug of beer and $3 something for a glass of wine.

1  Thank knotes