“Ate there twice I liked it so much”
Review of Fat Cat Cafe

Fat Cat Cafe
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Lake
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet
Reviewed August 25, 2014

First time I had the breakfast burrito. The girl brought it out and I had to ask who she was bringing to help me eat it. Huge!! But so good I tried to eat all of it but couldn't, even with my husbands help. Went back on Sunday morning and they do a buffet only service. At first I was disappointed because I wanted to have my burrito again but the buffet was really very good. I would go again.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Typical little restaurant in a Colorado mountain town - but such good service and what a great breakfast. Everything was cooked exactly as we ordered it, special requests were happily accommodated and the service was fast and friendly. We stuck with eggs, bacon etc for our multiple trips here but the people next to us from Italy raved over the pancakes. Worth the wait.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

After driving through Rocky Mountain National Park we had no idea what restaurants were in Grand Lake. The first place we walked into had a 45 minute wait so we walked down the road to the Fat Cat and we are happy we did. Service was good, everyone was friendly, price was reasonable and the food was excellent. I would definitely eat there again next time we are in the area.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Once we endured the long wait, we were very pleased with the great breakfast buffet. Excellent mix of traditional corned beef hash, thick bacon, specialty sausages, egg dishes, and homemade croissants, pastries and cinnamon rolls. Loved that they had real Scotch eggs and a whole table of pies for breakfast. The coconut pie was outstanding - not a creme pie but solid coconut that could not have been better. The inside of the restaurant was stifling hot and we were fortunate to get a table outside. Super busy with locals and tourists too.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

We've eaten at the Fat Cat before and it was good. However, yesterday we arrived at 10:45 AM and were turned away at the door. The OPEN sign was lit up, the door was open, there were tables available and people were dining inside but we were told they wouldn't seat anyone until 11:15. They were turning everyone away. Not only that, the waitress who rejected us was most unpleasant, almost acting as if we were bothering her by daring to want to eat there!

If this is their regular policy to turn away paying customers in between breakfast and lunch, they should post this on the door and turn off the OPEN sign during the hours of planned rejection. Knowing how short the busy season in Grand Lake is, with just 2 weeks until Labor Day when much of the summer business really slows down, this was shocking to say the least. We hope the management does a better job in the future welcoming those who would like to patronize them. As small business owners ourselves, this is not a smart approach to managing what used to be a quality cafe in Grand Lake.

2  Thank Linda S