“Best weekend breakfast buffet in the region.”
Review of Fat Cat Cafe

Fat Cat Cafe
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Lake
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My favorite breakfast stop in Grand Lake. Hearty and sweet. Not your average breakfast buffet. Bring your appetite.

1  Thank John M

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Fat Cat Café is one of the best restaurants in Grand Lake for breakfast, however they decided this year not to hire any locals as they are only open in the Summer months and lay everyone off in the Winter. No one can afford to live on no work so they occasionally have to apply for unemployment in the Winter months because they have no work.

Unfortunately, when winter is over they still have no work because Fat Cat won't hire them again. Even though this place has excellent food, I won't be going there anymore. I used to always take large groups of people in there for breakfast but I think a better option is to go to the Sagebrush where you can get a decent breakfast there as well. They are open all year round and hire locals that work there on a year round basis.

Maybe Fat Cat's should think about stayi0ng open in the Winter since they USED to be a place locals would like to hang out. Sally and Gary the owner's have become very rude and don't deserve to have the business they used to have. Hopefully most of the locals have realized this fact and if not perhaps they can read this review.

3  Thank Kathie S
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

If you happen to visit the area near Grand Lake, Colorodo, it is an absolute must to visit the Fat Cat Cafe for its breakfast/brunch buffet. We went on a Sunday, and I have slight feeling that the owner, Sally (who is an absolute doll straight from the British Isles), brings out all the stops for her expanded crowd. Scotch Eggs and Banana Cream Pie are must haves at this mountain-town joint.

2  Thank John R
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We hit the road form Estes Park with only coffee in hand. Needless to say, when we got to Grand Lake we were ready for a good breakfast. This was the first cafe that caught my eye and in we went. What a stroke of luck. These people believe in good service and high quality home made food. They bake their own goods here. We did not try bakery goods, but I would still recommend that you give them a try. I do know first-hand that the green chili I had on my eggs and potatoes was the best green chili I have eaten in Colorado. I personally went into the kitchen to thank the chef and his wife (the owners) for the love they put into their business. This will be the first place we will seek on our next trip to Grand Lake.

1  Thank Gordon L
Reviewed May 28, 2014

the Fat Cat is our favorite place in Grand Lake for delicious breakfast dishes. The pastries are to die for, and the other breakfast dishes are made fresh and very tasty.