“Hug the cook!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet
Cd'A, Id.
“Hug the cook!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We hit the road form Estes Park with only coffee in hand. Needless to say, when we got to Grand Lake we were ready for a good breakfast. This was the first cafe that caught my eye and in we went. What a stroke of luck. These people believe in good service and high quality home made food. They bake their own goods here. We did not try bakery goods, but I would still recommend that you give them a try. I do know first-hand that the green chili I had on my eggs and potatoes was the best green chili I have eaten in Colorado. I personally went into the kitchen to thank the chef and his wife (the owners) for the love they put into their business. This will be the first place we will seek on our next trip to Grand Lake.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Gordon L

Grand Lake
“Weekend brunch is not to be missed!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

the Fat Cat is our favorite place in Grand Lake for delicious breakfast dishes. The pastries are to die for, and the other breakfast dishes are made fresh and very tasty.

• Visited July 2013
denver
“Wish it was better”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was told it was awesome. part of it was, but when I asked for the chili pie that they had advertised outside the lady said "we have a quiche and you can put chili on it". - so I went along and tried it. the crust was so hard I couldn't cut through it. positive was the biscuit and gravy, and the bacon was very unique.

Visited May 2014
Monument, Colorado, United States
“Fat Cat Cafe rocks”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

The Fat Cat Cafe in Grand Lake is the best breakfast buffet I've personally experienced. The owner is connected to her patrons and cares about the quality of the food unlike most other restaurant owners. She walks around checking on the food and customers, shares stories and does everything from cooking, serving to cashier. The long line outside is a good indication of the popularity of the place. The food was excellent... quality and variety. Highly recommended if you visit Grand Lake.

• Visited March 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Weekend buffet”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The Fat Cate Café has a weekend buffet in the summer months (and I think in the shoulder seasons too) which is good if you have teenagers! We have also eaten there in February and I don't recall them having the buffet then. We thought the food was good and the staff were friendly. Standard hot foods. They do sell their hot sauce on the premises if you like it.

Visited May 2013