“Greasy spoon buffet”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I don't understand all the glowing reviews for this restaurant. Went for breakfast based on ratings here and was disappointed. Thought it was overpriced and unhealthy. Everything basically tasted and looked the same (quiche, french toast, and other items were all piled into one serving platter). The dessert table was full of pies covered in cool whip and all looked unappetizing (and I love sweets). Loved Grand Lake, but they are lacking for good restaurants.

1  Thank adriem

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Very busy even early for breakfast. We were two and most were over five. Waited awhile so we had appetites. The staff was small and it seemed they could not keep up. The homemade quiche was great! Forgot something I ordered and offered to bring it, but I said no since we were almost finished and did not want to wait for anything else. Husband said his breakfast was "okay" and we may return when they don't have such a crowd.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had scrambled eggs with sausage and pancakes.....The pancakes tasted like they were microwave pancakes and the eggs with sausage were barely warm when served. They had a pan of delicious looking cinnamon rolls , so we ordered one. Delicious looking is all they were, they were cold and dry, if it was not for the icing they would have made good hockey pucks. We were not impressed at all and would not eat here again. Not great service either.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Cannot comment on the menu as we ate on a Saturday and the only option is the buffet on the weekend. What an enormous amount of food - couple of egg dishes, biscuits and gravy, potatoes, cinnamon rolls, oatmeal cookies (not too sweet just like I like), bangers, corned beef - well, you get the idea. Plus, pie. Yes pie for breakfast. My husband had chocolate orange cream pie. Help yourself to coffee, tea, and/or juice, and go back as many times as you want.
Now typically I am not a buffet person because breakfast for me is a small amount of food, so buffets are not a value point for me. But at $12 and change for the buffet, if you are a big eater, you will be able to enjoy a lot of tasty food. Oh, did I mention homemade scones?
There isn't much seating, so you may be at a large table with someone next to you. We lucked out and were able to sit in a booth. The owner is very friendly and checked with us often to make sure we were doing ok. It was a good breakfast.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

If you want a delicious breakfast, this is the place to go. But if it bothers you to sit close, I mean really close to the tables around you, this is not for you. We didn't have to stand in a line, service was good, the owner was hilarious! Very friendly. We went again during the week for the daily special. The place was busy but not packed. Quaint, good food, would go back the next time visiting Grand Lake.