“Below average meal-nice atmosphere”

Terrace Inn Grand Lake
Ranked #14 of 34 Restaurants in Grand Lake
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoy our high class atmosphere in the dinning room. Great food and great service. Ask about our lodging accommodations! On the board walk, near snowmobiling, sledding and the Nordic Center just outside the Rocky Mountain National Park. Visit beautiful Grand Lake for all your winter fun!
parker, co
“Below average meal-nice atmosphere”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My companion ordered duck with orange sauce. It was very well done and rather dry, and difficult to identify the orange sauce--but edible. I ordered bruchetta which was fine and lobster cakes. The lobster was nowhere to be seen in the lobster cakes. I was told they were like crab cakes, but with lobster. They were very thin, and truly, I didn't taste any lobster at all--mostly the oil from cooking and maybe some bread crumbs. Had a feeling their specialty was elk, so you might try that and keep it simple. Nice people; cute place. I'd rate this a 3 if it were less expensive, but I think the duck was something like 36 bucks and no soup or salad. It should have been tastier for that price.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank dustyparker

Mexico, Missouri
“Unfortunate Experience”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I think the food was good. The owner however wasn't. I had a great time in Grand Lake but this place was the worst experience of my life.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank tyr212
Tucson, AZ
“My new favorite restaurant !!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Grand Lake is a touristy town and we didn't expect to find such a gem here in this small town ! Our meal was excellent - from the New Zealand Green Lipped mussels appetizer to the caesar salad to our entrees (buffalo meatballs with gnocchi and the lime mahi-mahi). The server was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed the meal. A real winner !

• Visited June 2012
Grand Lake
“Tiny and Elegant”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Intimate atmosphere and upscale food- This is a great place for a romantic meal.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Doug and Edie D
pine hill, nj
“a 5 star breakfast”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We were not expecting to have a fine dining breakfast experience. This place by far was the best place we had breakfast on our whole trip. We were greeted quickly and had coffee in our hands in 30 seconds...a big plus for me. The menu although limited and many tempting choices. The ciabata bread with the eggs was delish and left me wanting more the rest of our vacation. This is not your usually quick fried breakfast, but more like a gourmet breakfast. I will say that it was a little pricey for a breakfast, but in the end it was well worth it after all the less the average breakfasts we had.

• Visited October 2011